• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Wanted to get some more feedback from you guys and gals. I apologize for the force read, but it's the only proven method for feedback. Without feedback I cannot improve the forum.

Please refrain from discussing the classifieds. It's a worn out topic for me, and it was not my favorite decision either.

Please answer honestly. You can also PM me the answers if you feel so inclined, or you can email them to me.

That being said:

What do you like most about the forum?

What are two things you would change about the forum?

Why do you visit the forum?

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it?

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you?

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc?

Thanks,
    Alan
    Capitol Armory ad

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Most: the friendly courteous atmosphere and lack of trolls.

Changes: It's a gun forum, but lots of people with guns like to atv, rv, and camp.....those could be some possible areas where we could expand. Maybe it's too off-topic.

Reasons for visits: keep up with everything, such as news and information.

Atmosphere: Yes, I like atmosphere we have. We have some great members.

Meet: There is one near me.

Interpretation: It doesn't seem unique, except for the I like it being about guns & Texas.

More: Objective reviews, meets could be fun (Houston is the current leader).

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Wanted to get some more feedback from you guys and gals. I apologize for the force read, but it's the only proven method for feedback. Without feedback I cannot improve the forum.

Please refrain from discussing the classifieds. It's a worn out topic for me, and it was not my favorite decision either.

Please answer honestly. You can also PM me the answers if you feel so inclined, or you can email them to me.

That being said:

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it?

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you?

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc?

Thanks,
    Alan

1. Listening to and sometimes joining in on discussions......some that you have wanted to ask about but were embrassed.
    2.Restrict language....just don't need to hear it or see it in print & some threads seem to read top to bottom and some the other. Make them all the same.
    3. Wow.....some topics are like soap operas....they go on and on and honestly....you get hooked on them.
    4. Atmosphere for most part is good....so poster come off as know it all and seem to flaut their knowledge or lack of sometimes.
    5. Travel a lot so meets aren't in the cards at this time.
    6. Honest interpretation......awesome site to gather answers.....suggestions....even case law on things you have always wanted to know and just never ask. And if you want.....can do by just reading without joining in. But sooner or later you say....okay I have to give my 2 cents worth and then you're hooked!!
    7. Would like to see more reviews.....hottest new concealed carry pistol...new ammo etc.

BY THE WAY.....GREAT FORUM.....I FELT I OWED YOU AND THE OTHERS MY HONEST COMMENTS.

OKIE556

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Fairly new to the Forum, therefore feel not qualified to critique. However, I do like what I have seen and reading the threads. Most if not all are intelligent and thought out vice some of the ..... I see in other places. Figure you are on the right track.

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    I would like to be able to post more pictures without filling up the attachments file so fast.

Big-D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Lockhart
    The atmosphere of the fourm
    I'm still new to the forum but so far nothing.
    To learn more about firearms and shooting.
    So far so good.
    Yes you do.
    I like it.
    Maybe some more firearm reviews and meets would be nice

Brett G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I generally read lots of gun boards and this one is about guns and Texas!

Not much.

Same reason I read every other gun board. Learn about guns and put my 2 cents in (which given the economy is worth about 1.25 cents

Its been cool so far. No changes

No. I work a goofed up schedule so the chances I'd go are slim any way.

The Texas and guns them is nice. I don't think there is much you could do that would be "fresh" just about guns.

I just like frank open gun discussion with no uglyness or hatefulness I think its fine the way it is.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Pardon my ignorance, but isn't there an "Announcement" setting mods can turn on for a thread? IIRC, this pops up at the top of the users "New Posts" results or at the top of the currently viewed forum and once the user clicks it, it disappears for them.

Folks who are interested in the forum and offering feedback WILL click on any "Announcement" threads.

Folks who are not interested will ignore it, just like they will click on this bullying "You need to read this before you read anything else" link and then continue their usual pattern.

Please stop the "you will read this before continuing". This is the ONLY forum I know of that has ever done it, and the other forums get plenty of feedback when their mods request such.
    The local lean.
    No more "forced thread reading", for one.
    The local lean.
    This is one of the more genteel forums I participate in (aside from the occasional virtual slamming of the virtual face in the virtual sign before entry)
    Haven't even looked.
    Forums are subject to feng shui? I don't understand the question.
    Unique content like: Texas Gun Talk - The Movie ? Seems to me that interested folk will post all the reviews they care to share. More members will begat more threads.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

I like pretty much all of it. I just like talking guns, and I'd like to learn more about Texas gun laws... and try making them better.

More members, but that's just going to take time.

Because of the stuff I like about it.

I enjoy it. It's about as good as it can get, IMO.

I didn't see one for San Antonio, but I haven't had much time for a meet since I got here. This weekend is a definite no-go, since I'm moving...

Fresh? Unique? Maybe not, but IMO it doesn't need to be. It's a lot like at least a couple of other forums I'm a member of.

Meets, 2A-related content, and especially activism. Oh, and more membership. I'm very interested in fighting for 2A rights, and there is a lot of strength in numbers. :D

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I like that its easy to navigate...

Add a firearms sale section...that's it.

To get any information or offer information that I may be able to help with.

I like that pretty much every person I have ever spoken with is level headed and good to talk to.

There is one coming up, but I will be in Houston for a cousin's wedding.

Its nice because some of the information is area specific...so we aren't discussing things going on in parts of the country that do not relate to us.

How about reviews of weapons...parts...accs.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport

I feel like I can get honest answers and opinions from others on points of view that i cannot say walk into work and ask

I'm still learning how some of this all works and what goes where so I will need to come back to this later.

I love the topics and have learned alot from others here.

some of what I haven't liked seems to be a human nature some discussions turning personal, etc...

soon and I can't wait, I need to see if I can get off work that day.

unique no, almost identical to the uscca forum, but I like it.

definately more meets, and sounds like this will be only the beginning in this area especially with Monica's help. would definately like to see more information on concealed carry methods, tactics, etc... it may be here and i need to dig further, but maybe an updated thread on new tactics

Keith

txmarineinfantry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Pearland
    I am pretty new to this forum, so I feel I don't have an accurate view of the forum. But with that being said I like it so far or else I wouldn't come back.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Its more laid back than ARFCOM, its Texas oriented

You need a nutcase bitch and whine forum and a general discussion forum.

Its populated by Texas folks

Yes, nothing wrong

If you have set one up in Houston, I missed it.

Not so much. But its Texas oriented and I like that.

I'll have to think about this

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Being able to read about gun stuff and the OT and News section

Not much, the mods seem good, the community is balanced. More visitors would be nice.

Guns, light news/politics, interest in my fellow gun loving Texan.

I do. I've been visiting forums for years now and have a general feel on how to handle myself. I'm not easily offended (try to take things with a grain of salt, etc.) but do realize that others can be. We all have our hot buttons, and I don't try to push people's.

I'd like to meet others but after posting my true opinions, especially where LEOs were concerned, I don't think it would be a good idea for me.

The site needs more traffic but doesn't need to grow too fast. The site has a small, homey feel. I'm happy with it and willing to continue my daily visits.

Members, humor, and COWBELL ... we need more COWBELL!

roughneck266

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    What do you like most about the forum? Just like the fact it is pertinent to Texas.

What are two things you would change about the forum? Haven't really been active enough to comment on this.

Why do you visit the forum? I LOVE Texas. I like guns kind of a no brainer for me.

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it? Yep sure do.

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area. Not sure. I will look though. I am in Lufkin.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you? I will say it definitely is unique.

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc? I like reviews quite a bit as I am always looking for opinions on new products, firearms etc... Group buys are always good.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area

the easy going relaxed talk
    change nothing, add to; a chat room, maybe where people can get on live and talk with mics. No video. That just opens the door for bs stuff.
    to learn, find information I need to know about guns, and look at some of cool stuff I can't afford.
    it is good. Nothing. I like it better then other forums I'm a member of. I receive responces back from questions I ask more then on other forums. People are just more active on this form then some of the others I'm on. I like that alot.
    No, not to my knowledge. But there are not many members on my side of town. I am Far East Houston in Chambers County, Cove TX, near Baytown, and I work in Houston. No ranges in my area any way that I know of. I drive to Pasadena to the Pasadena indoor gun range. I also have not had time to make one yet. I want to, and plan too soon. If there is anyone in my area of town, please let me know.
    I started with TG Trader web site, and was on that form. The admin turned me on to TG Talk. It feels comfortable and freindly.
    Yes, "D: All Of The Above". I have been here a while now, and I have seen all of the above increase as the members have. I end up doing a search for a topic and then read the treads I found mostly. When I have not found what I was looking for, I have started one and asked questions. I have gotten some really good answers and guidence on all my subjects. To sum up; "I'm Happy Here", it feels like Texas.
    As for the admin. I like that you have paired with Trader. Both of you are doing a great jobs, keep it up.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The combination of guns and Texas
    Less posts about the rules, let a thread run
    Just to see what people have to say
    I usually learn something, I don't sweat the atmosphere. I do wish folks would not be so dedicated to the gun they own. There are many great guns out there that I don't own. I like S&W but were not married. Its OK not to like it, but don't put it down. Unless its a Raven or a Taurus
    Houston, You bet cha
    Its not unique. But it is well populated. Seems like good folks too.
    Links to reviews would be nice. Discounts for members are good. The meets are a great idea.

Top Bottom