• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I see a big fucking waste of time. Give us open carry, constitutional carry, campus carry(with private schools), or gfz liability. We look like a state of a bunch of ***** career politicians.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Correct me if im wrong, but this would apply preemption to state laws involving discharging a firearm in the county. It will not allow any municipality to ordinance against discharging of weapons only if it is on 100+ acres and 150 feet from other property places of residence.
    So, if the population isnt over 700,000 the municipalities can apply such restrictions.
    The part most confusing to me is, if im more than 150 foot away from the next residence but less than 100 acres, could I still shoot? Well, all of it is jibber jabber to me. Why cant they speak english?!!!!

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    I hate to say it but I miss Indiana and being able to blast a few rounds out my back door with no worries of what anyone was going to say. AND, it seems like they are pushing more pro-gun bills than we are. Are you serious? I thought the Great State of Texas would be pushing a little harder for bills that actually mattered to the people. Dont get me wrong Im all for campus carry and employee parking lot bill, but on the other hand, where is our constitutional carry or for that matter, open carry? Being from a different state but now living here, I have an outside view, that Texas was THE gun state. I was excited to get stationed here because of what I had heard and what was said to be "true." I know Im ranting, but I just feel like we should have more of the rights that we are already supposed to have.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I hate to say it but I miss Indiana and being able to blast a few rounds out my back door with no worries of what anyone was going to say. AND, it seems like they are pushing more pro-gun bills than we are. Are you serious? I thought the Great State of Texas would be pushing a little harder for bills that actually mattered to the people. Dont get me wrong Im all for campus carry and employee parking lot bill, but on the other hand, where is our constitutional carry or for that matter, open carry? Being from a different state but now living here, I have an outside view, that Texas was THE gun state. I was excited to get stationed here because of what I had heard and what was said to be "true." I know Im ranting, but I just feel like we should have more of the rights that we are already supposed to have.
    you are comparing Texas to Indiana? Really? They are working on more legislation because they are so far behind.

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    Better late than never and yeah I am comparing Texas to Indiana. Even though they have more restrictive laws pertaining to guns, they are pushing new bills to allows motorist to carry without a CHL(like Texas), campus carry, employee parking lot, and open carry. And it is actually getting through the house and senate.
    I just feel like Texas is moving at a snails pace to push bills and get them put into legislation.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    From what I understand, if you live under the jurisdiction of a municipality of under 700,000 that's in the same area as other municipalities that have under 1,000,000 total and is not next to a county that has more than 2,000,000, as long as you have 100 acres and shoot 300 feet from someone's else's buildings, your local municipality can't create a law saying you can't shoot there.

What changed is 450,000 for the size of your municipality and the acreage requirement. Used to need only 10 acres to shoot rifles and handguns, 5 to shoot shotguns and airguns and bows, now you need 100 acres.

This probably applies to land that's well outside of town, but the town enforces coding out there. Even if you don't meet those requirements, you still might be able to shoot, but if your friendly township says, "No", you're SOL.

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    I have a big need to move right now(unrelated to gun laws). I am looking for a place where I could shoot. If necessary, I MIGHT be able to get just over 10 acres. It would be just barely inside my grasp. However, it would be impossible for me to acquire 100 acres.

Top Bottom