• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    That is awesome HCR, hoping I'll get my chance to do that but at a stand still since we don't have little ones yet. I've already laid down the law with my wife doesn't matter boy or girl (or both) my kids are getting taught firearm responsibility young and will be brought up to appreciate that time spent with family is the best time worth remembering. I'm very thankful that I am am blessed enough to have both of my parents still with me now that old enough to really appreciate them and all they did for me growing up.

Back on topic, awesome pics and thanks for sharing.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Got this little fellow opening week. I was a bit agitated for him ruining my deer hunting so I feed him a 162gr Amax that he didn't like too well.
    20131104_174427_zps768cad35.jpg

Got this guy the day before Thanksgiving dropped him at 204 yds with the Amax as well. Aged at 5.5 but in very poor shape for some reason but was enough meat for some good eats.
    20131123_185334_zps6241e625.jpg

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    He was very thin and boney throughout, a good 30 pounds lighter than our average mature deer for the area. We never really found any noticeable defaults besides the lack of weight.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Here is a pic of the 9 pointer, I took this past deer season. First time hunting with Win. Model 70 rifle, in .243WSSM.
    2013_9ptr_a.jpg

Willieboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Eldorado, Texas
    The monster I killed this year....

So here is the story...my boss and a couple of co-workers got on a lease this year and I was invited to hunt does if I wanted...I took a turkey early in the season, but other than that never saw any mature does that I thought were worth taking. I was taught at an early age to hunt with management in mind always...So getting towards the end of the season and the guys are talking one day at work about this crippled buck that has been coming to one feeder every evening for two weeks straight. When I ask why they think he is crippled, "he only has three legs!!!!" This the point I was glad I didn't get on the lease with with them. When I asked why somebody hadn't put this buck down the answer was they didn't want to waste a buck tag....so I volunteered to take him. I had never killed anything with the AR at that point so decided to take it...55 gr. ballistic tip dropped him in his tracks, I don't remember the range but it was in pretty close. As you can see from the following pictures he was in a bad way.

20140103_173445.jpg

20140103_173459.jpg

When I dropped him off my local processor and I talked about it and he said he would inspect the carcass personally to make sure it was good to go..it was and is..had him made all into sausage..yummy.

Top Bottom