• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Historic hearing coming up this Thursday March 14 2013 after 10am will address Open Carry and Campus Carry.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/83R/schedules/html/C4202013031408001.HTM

02/26/2013
    Bill: HB 153 - Relating to the definition of intoxicated for purposes of certain weapons offenses. (Vote For This Bill)
    Texas Legislature Online - 83(R) History for HB 153

02/26/2013 Bill: HB 333 -
    Relating to requiring notice of a hotel's firearms policy; providing a civil penalty.(Vote For This Bill)
    Texas Legislature Online - 83(R) History for HB 333

TIME & DATE: 8:00 AM, Thursday, March 07, 2013
    COMMITTEE: Homeland Security & Public Safety
    HB 485 Relating to the amount of the fee paid by certain peace officers and veterans of the United States armed forces for a license to carry a concealed handgun. (No Opinion)
    http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB485
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

warmachine77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    United States
    Thanks for this update, I actually quit drinking because I always carry. It would at least give the option for 1 maybe 2 drinks while carrying. Not saying I would while carrying but at least it would give a clear definition of intoxicated while carrying.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety
    83rd Legislature
    February 28, 2013
    8:00 a.m.
    E2.010

Pursuant to a notice posted on February 22, 2013, the House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety met in a public hearing and was called to order by the chair, Representative Pickett, at 8:03 a.m.

The initial quorum call was answered as follows: Representatives Pickett; Fletcher; Dale; Flynn; Kleinschmidt; Lavender; Sheets; and Simmons.

A quorum was present.

HB 158

The chair laid out HB 158.

The chair recognized Representative Taylor, Van to explain HB 158.

The chair offered a complete committee substitute.

The chair recognized Representative Taylor, Van to explain HB 158.

(Representative Cortez now present.)

Testimony taken/registration recorded. (See attached witness list.)

The committee substitute was withdrawn without objection.

The chair recognized Representative Taylor, Van to close on HB 158.

HB 158 was left pending without objection.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Thanks for this update, I actually quit drinking because I always carry. It would at least give the option for 1 maybe 2 drinks while carrying. Not saying I would while carrying but at least it would give a clear definition of intoxicated while carrying.

You have that option now. This bill would simply expand the current definition and make the prosecutor's job a bit easier. People think this is a pro-gun bill because they misunderstand the current law. This is a bad bill and I hope it fails.

warmachine77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    United States
    You have that option now. This bill would simply expand the current definition and make the prosecutor's job a bit easier. People think this is a pro-gun bill because they misunderstand the current law. This is a bad bill and I hope it fails.

What does the current law actually say?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    What does the current law actually say?

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
    (d) A license holder commits an offense if, while intoxicated, the license holder carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed.

warmachine77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    United States
    Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
    (d) A license holder commits an offense if, while intoxicated, the license holder carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed.

Ok so .008. I see your point and agree with you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jblosser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    There are several gun bills with hearings next week:

COMMITTEE: Homeland Security & Public Safety

TIME & DATE: 8:00 AM, Thursday, March 21, 2013

PLACE: E2.010
    CHAIR: Rep. Joseph Pickett

HB 1421 Perry | et al.
    Relating to the disposition of certain seized weapons.
    (allow seized weapons that aren't claimed by the owner after an acquittal to be sold, but only to FFLs, and the money given to the agency that has the weapon)

HB 1872 Simmons
    Relating to federal firearm reporting for a person who voluntarily identifies as a person with mental illness.

HB 1051 Keffer | et al.
    Relating to the application of certain concealed handgun license laws to United States attorneys and assistant United States attorneys and to the authority of those attorneys to carry certain weapons.
    (adds US attorneys to the list of court officers allowed to get special carry permits by virtue of their office)

HB 383 Burnam
    Relating to the recognition and validity of a license to carry a concealed handgun issued by another state.
    (no reciprocity for non-resident out of state permits if you reside in Texas)

HB 223 Huberty | et al.
    Relating to the carrying of concealed handguns by certain persons attending a school board meeting.
    (allow school board members to carry at meetings on school property)

HB 1349 Larson
    Relating to information that may be requested by the Department of Public Safety from a person applying for or renewing a concealed handgun license.
    (no SSN requirement)

HB 698 Springer | et al.
    Relating to the use of digital or electronic fingerprinting for an application for a license to carry a concealed handgun.
    (fingerprints only required if there's a place nearby to get them done)

HB 1531 King, Ken | et al.
    Relating to the application of certain weapons laws to certain emergency services personnel licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
    (exempt EMTs in counties with population less than 50,000 who have CHLs from restriction s on where they can carry)

HB 47 Flynn | et al.
    Relating to a handgun proficiency course that is taken to obtain or renew a concealed handgun license.
    (reduce CHL classroom training minimum fr om 10 to 4 hours)

HB 48 Flynn | et al.
    Relating to the procedure under which a person may renew a license to carry a concealed handgun.
    (allow online renewal submission and using an expired CHL while the renewal is being processed)

HB 1304 Sheets | et al.
    Relating to the intentional display of a handgun.
    (change CHL printing offense from "fails to conceal the handgun" to "displays" and allow display of weapon when force is authorized, not just deadly force)

It is the intent of the Chair to hear testimony on HB 21, HB 1038, HB 1421, HB 1872, HB 1972, and HB 2331 between 8:00AM to 10:00AM. When the committee reconvenes upon adjournment and reading and referral of bills of the House, the committee will hear unfinished business from the morning, then bills HB 1051, HB 383, HB 223, HB 1349, HB 698, HB 1531, HB 47, HB 48, and HB 1304.

Top Bottom