• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Crap, won't be able to make it. We have a mandatory meeting at work tomorrow. :mad:

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    We will be there with a nice sampling from our website (uppers, lowers, triggers, etc). Three tables I believe.

Some people are talking about costs. Vendors pay for each table they get. And people pay to get in the door. Besides the facility there are always police who stay overnight at the shows on Friday and Saturday night. There is also staff and security during the show. There are a lot of expenses (think insurance) that aren't even being mentioned.

Sometimes you can get a better deal at a local store or online. Sometimes you can score a deal at the show. When I go to a show I'm not attending I look at is entertainment. $8 is pretty cheap for hours of walking around.

And like someone else pointed out you get to see a much wider variety of items then you would in just one store. There is always historical stuff, modern weapons and everything in between. If you spent a day trying to see all of this in local stores you would spend way more money in gas traveling from place to place trying to see it all.

One of the things we will have at out table is a whole bunch of AR triggers built out with different grips. These will be there so you can test and feel how each trigger feels when you pull it and how different grips feel. It's something unique that we do that you don't get at a local store and something you can't measure online. Rarely do you get the opportunity to test a bunch of triggers and compare them side by side. It's those unique things that gun shows allow you to see.

I enjoy gun shows as a vendor because I get to see and talk guns with like minded people. It's fun for me. But to each, their own.

My two cents.

Wer'z lookin to see your lowers in Mesquite Big Town last premier show. What happened? Three tables, all covered on saturday. Sunday everything was gone.

RunnerRunner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Wer'z lookin to see your lowers in Mesquite Big Town last premier show. What happened? Three tables, all covered on saturday. Sunday everything was gone.

Food poisoning. Wiped out everyone Friday night. It was so bad no one got better.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Watchdog, I think I've told you this before, but The Phantom Tollbooth is one of my all-time favorite books! I even ordered it from Amazon.com while in Bosnia so I'd have a copy to read, and I've also got a copy on my Kindle.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Hopefully it will happen, I'm still stalking that SR1911...lol

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    If I see one at 619 again.... gonna be a different outcome than last time......

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Yeah, rub it in O' bearded one, I'll find another one......lol

Top Bottom