• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I mostly go to shows to get ideas. Know there aren't many deals but I have found a few large dealers to have good prices.

I'm the same way.

Never been to the SA Saxet but I've been to the San Antonio Premier show and it's much better than the Austin Saxet show, and somewhat better than the Cedar Park Premier show. If it were me, I'd save my SA card for the next Premier show there, whenever that is.

Or do both if you can swing it! (I couldn't, I'd catch way too much grief!)

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The one thing I really wanted wasn't for sale, which was a Mosin Nagant crate. It was full of rifles for sale, but what I wanted was the crate itself...

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Saxet in San Antonio, packed, meh.

Was packed. There was lots of people selling ammo that looked like they were just selling all the stuff they bought up, not The normal ammo sellers, like Alamo was there, but there were several tables selling amma, no signs and not a lot of ammo, but a decent amount of stuff and a decent amount of hard to get stuff, like .22, which was still overpriced.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I have resolved not to attend that or any other gun show until the madness ends (if it ever does). I have sometimes stood in line to buy ammo at stores that open at 8:00 or 9:00 a.m. to buy ammo that I shoot at the homestead. It is often cheaper to buy ammo on-line than to burn fuel, pay admission and parking & pay for high priced ammo at the show.

The monthly gun show was one of my most enjoyable past times for many years. No more.

jbayless71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'm the same way -- the ammo at the shows is priced higher than in stores now, and the crowds make it really hard to move around and look at anything.

Top Bottom