• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Instead of posting a new thread every month, I am just going to post this one so folks who are interested can subscribe to it and get notifications of any updates.

Here are the dates for the 2014 SAXET gun shows...

Jan 4 - Jan 5, 2014
    Feb 1 - Feb 2, 2014
    Mar 1 - Mar 2, 2014
    Apr 5 - Apr 6, 2014
    May 3 - May 4, 2014
    Jun 7 - Jun 8, 2014
    Jul 5 - Jul 6, 2014
    Aug 2 - Aug 3, 2014
    Sep 6 - Sep 7, 2014
    Oct 4 - Oct 5, 2014
    Nov 1 - Nov 2, 2014
    Dec 6 - Dec 7, 2014

Location is the SA Event Center, 410 and Marbach (8111 Meadow Leaf, San Antonio, Texas 78227)

Show Hours:
    Sat. 9am - 6pm
    Sun. 9am - 5pm

I'm not sure if we'll be making every one, but when we do we'll be doing the usual breakfast at the usual location (IHOP) on the usual day (Saturday) at the usual time (8am) if anyone wants to join the usual crowd!

Five bucks to get in, a couple of bucks to park. The smart thing to do is to come out for breakfast and then walk over afterward.

Cheers! M2
    ARJ Defense ad

erik087

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    I'll be going Saturday looking for a decent AR-15 deal. Not expecting dirt cheap but hopefully competitive pricing.

Sent from my brain using mind bullets.

erik087

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    Not sure yet. Trying to get a guy from work to go as well, so I'll see what his schedule is.

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    Pretty sure I'll be heading there on Sunday. Have plans tomorrow and will be looking to kill a lot of time Sunday until the game. (I'm a Seahawks fan)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Hey how are these with kids? I have a feeling the wife will want us all to go.

What age kids? Babies in strollers, youngsters who haven't been walking long, or double-digits that won't get under foot?

I have to admit, the aisles are narrow at this show and people who bring strollers tend to clog things up quite a bit. Really young kids might be an issue, I've seen some grab and try to pick up guns off tables to the vendor's horror; but if you're kids are old enough to do what they're told (no touching) and don't run around all over the place like they're on fire, they'll be fine.

By the way, I don't even let my 16-yr-old son touch any guns at the show. If there is something he wants to handle, he asks.

Cheers! M2

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    What age kids? Babies in strollers, youngsters who haven't been walking long, or double-digits that won't get under foot?

I have to admit, the aisles are narrow at this show and people who bring strollers tend to clog things up quite a bit. Really young kids might be an issue, I've seen some grab and try to pick up guns off tables to the vendor's horror; but if you're kids are old enough to do what they're told (no touching) and don't run around all over the place like they're on fire, they'll be fine.

By the way, I don't even let my 16-yr-old son touch any guns at the show. If there is something he wants to handle, he asks.

Cheers! M2

Good info, thanks!! My kids are 10 and 4. They keep to themselves if told. We'll see about that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

erik087

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    Ok. AR budget is 1k-ish. MP15 tactical is $969. The DD and Colts are another 350 to 400. Don't know if I can justify the extra price for a range / home defense gun. Thoughts?

erik087

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    $3 for parking and $5 for admission. Not bad for a couple hours but nothing earth shattering today.

Top Bottom