• ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    A quick update...

No more matches are scheduled for the rest of the year so I'm not going to meet these goals. I have two of the three AAA scores needed to move up for Standard class. My best score in Hunter was still three points shy of a Master score.

We had the state air rifle match this past weekend. I ended up with 1st place in AAA Target rifle, 1st place in AAA Sporter, and 3rd place in AAA Open rifle. My two scores for Sporter were both Master scores, combined with my one Master score from back in June moves me up to Master class!

With a few weeks left in the year there is still a few opportunities to meet these goals. Here's to hoping for some good weather the next few weekends!
    Congrats to you so far.
    Capitol Armory ad

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yep. That's pretty awesome Allen. I'm already thinking about my 2018 goals. I'm leaning more towards performance than acquisition, but that might change. I joined up with a black powder group and they have meets every month. They are a hoot.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Have accomplished zero of my original goals....good thing there's a lot of year left.....wait, shit!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Achieved mine for 2017, just not quite the way I planned.
    Only thing I have for 2018,
    A load for my 6.5 Creedmoor for 1000 yards.
    A .357 mag Vaquero
    A .32 cal cap and ball rifle.
    Maybe other single action revolvers as well.

from an idjit coffeeholic

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    One of my goals was to acquire a J frame snub nose in .38 +P. I still haven't done it. But I acquired 4 other firearms in 2017. Now I've lost interest in a snub nose.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, I didn't make it a goal, but I've been wanting to do my first AR build, and I just may get it done before the end of the year. Now if the companies sending the rest of the parts come through.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Got the ghm9 instead
    FB_IMG_1511574820340.jpg

For next year another 1911.
    Stainless commander or maybe a razorback

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Two other goals are for the Rimfire Central Offhand Rifle Challenge:
    - Get a 25-yard score of 490 (updated)
    - Get a 50-yard score of 232 (updated)

Shot two sets of targets for each today. Best scores were 488-17X (three X's higher than my PR) and a 219-1X. Close but no cigar for the 25-yard score, not even close for the 50-yard score.

One more week to wrap up those 2017 goals and to start thinking about what you want to achieve in 2018!

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Shot two sets of targets for each today. Best scores were 488-17X (three X's higher than my PR) and a 219-1X.

I went out both Friday afternoon and Sunday morning trying to get my 490, shooting three full sets of targets each of the two days. Best scores were a 488-18X and a 488-19X. No joy in Mudville but at least I didn't give up trying.

I feel pretty good about the goals which I accomplished, and in some cases extended, as well as the goals that kept me working hard right up to the end, even if I didn't manage to meet it.

I'm going to start a new thread for 2018 but put it in the "General" forum in the hopes that more people will participate.

Top Bottom