• Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    crerok2e,

OK. I'll bite.

Tell us precisely HOW, step by step, that you could manipulate the voting results IF you were given access to the data/machines/everything.

Voting machines are far from impenetrable. There’s remote access loopholes, general corporate malfeasance, and democracy-shattering bad design, for starters. And then there are hacks like this.

In a video posted to Twitter, Rachel Tobac, CEO of white hat hacker group SocialProof Security, showed just how easy it was to obtain admin access to one of the most popular electronic voting machines in the U.S. The hack takes about two minutes and requires no specialized equipment (save a ballpoint pen) to obtain administrative access.

The machine used by Tobac is the Premier Election System’s BallotStation 4.7, a close cousin to the Diebold AccuVote TS, one of the most popular and vulnerable electronic machines used to record vote tallies. Though Diebold changed its name to Premier back in 2007 for “strategic” reasons, it apparently decided to hold on to its extremely vulnerable equipment.
    Capitol Armory ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I'm no psychiatrist, but even I can see that if you're always "right" and everyone else in every argument is "wrong"? What's the worst part, as I see it, is in the debate any information presented you simply repudiate without any thought or consideration at all. You merely attempt to deflect and insult in some ham fisted attempt to muscle your position. I don't know you, and I don't know your ex wife, but I'll go out on a limb and posit she didn't "lose" the argument as much as she simply gave up arguing with a lost cause.

Brains,

I admit that I should have never married a glamourous fashion model/Houston socialite & have taken her home to NETX, where she immediately started saying (loudly & in public) how uncultured, ignorant, low class, uneducated & inferior to Houston "society" that EVERYONE/EVERYTHING in my little rural home town/county were.
    (By the time that we divorced & she went "home" to her beloved Houston, hardly anyone but our own family members wanted to talk to her.)

So NO, you don't know enough facts to have a valid opinion on Margaret, me and/or our failed marriage. = It cost me a new Oldsmobile 98 & 60,000.ooUSD plus to her to sign the divorce papers & LEAVE the county forever.
    (That was CHEAP at 3X the price, too.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Voting machines are far from impenetrable. There’s remote access loopholes, general corporate malfeasance, and democracy-shattering bad design, for starters. And then there are hacks like this.

In a video posted to Twitter, Rachel Tobac, CEO of white hat hacker group SocialProof Security, showed just how easy it was to obtain admin access to one of the most popular electronic voting machines in the U.S. The hack takes about two minutes and requires no specialized equipment (save a ballpoint pen) to obtain administrative access.

The machine used by Tobac is the Premier Election System’s BallotStation 4.7, a close cousin to the Diebold AccuVote TS, one of the most popular and vulnerable electronic machines used to record vote

The machine used by Tobac is the Premier Election System’s BallotStation 4.7, a close cousin to the Diebold AccuVote TS, one of the most popular and vulnerable electronic machines used to record vote tallies. Though Diebold changed its name to Premier back in 2007 for “strategic” reasons, it apparently decided to hold on to its extremely vulnerable equipment.

tallies. Though Diebold changed its name to Premier back in 2007 for “strategic” reasons, it apparently decided to hold on to its extremely vulnerable equipment.

Kar98,

Once more, I ask: Inasmuch as neither you nor any other unauthorized person cannot get ACCESS TO the machines, HOW would you hack into the machines, given how primitive that the current machines are??
    (Could you get past the armed BCSD Deputies, break into the vaults & locked cages where the equipment is, at several locations, W/O anyone noticing??)

yours, satx

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Kar98,

Once more, I ask: Inasmuch as neither you nor any other unauthorized person cannot get ACCESS TO the machines, HOW would you hack into the machines, given how primitive that the current machines are??
    (Could you get past the armed BCSD Deputies, break into the vaults & locked cages where the equipment is, at several locations, W/O anyone noticing??)

yours, satx

manipulate the voting results IF you were given access to the data/machines/everything.

GJpKBZI.gif

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Kar98,

In other words, you have NO real/practical answer to how you could get into the machines ABSENT ACCESS TO the several well-secured/guarded sites, so you decided to post something SILLY??

yours, satx

OK your idiocy is starting to bore. Go sit in the filter.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    crerok2e,

OK. I'll bite.

Tell us precisely HOW, step by step, that you could manipulate the voting results IF you were given access to the data/machines/everything.
    (Fwiw, NOBODY is going to give you or any other unauthorized person access to the vaults/locked cages/machines or anything else that would be necessary to do what you, from a position of total ignorance, claim that you can do.)

yours, satx
    I would suggest that before you label me with 'position of total ignorance' you stop and admit you haven't the slightest idea what I know.
    I guess we can agree on one thing that your ignorance prevents you from wondering if it can be done. Now since I'm not in the foreign country where the node is I personally can't do it which I never said 'I' could.
    I simple said it could be done. I also believe I read where an 11 year old girl in a couple minutes penetrated a voting machine.
    What you might do is get over your self bravado and do a little educating yourself. If I have time I will send you some educational material.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Kar98,

yours, satx
    Doesn't look like there is any of that security around the Broward county machines. And I doubt your Bexar county machines have that much security.
    OK your idiocy is starting to bore. Go sit in the filter.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    cherok2e,

IF Broward County copied Bexar County & got an Elections Administrator as GREAT as Ms. Jackie Callahan is, they wouldn't be in the MESS that Broward is IN & they also would NOT be a "National Laughing Stock".

And YES our Elections Department local security IS just that secure.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I think we found out the source of the anger. The model woman who took him for his life savings.

cherok2e,

You REALLY don't "get it" do you??

I'm FAR from angry, though I do PITY your arrogant ignorance of facts, lack of knowledge & hatefulness

yours, satx

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    It's time for paper ballots.
    You go to the poll, show your picture ID (which has been issued only to legal citizens), show your registration card, pickup your ballot, fill it out, take it to the lock box area, stick your thumb in the ink, press it on the ballot, drop it in the box.
    The polling officials count the number of ballots and submit the total to a representative of every party and call the number into the Secretary of State. They then count the votes and tabulate t...hem, give the totals to the Secretary of State over the phone, to the party representatives and the hard copy totals to a courier.
    The Secretary of State has the total ballots cast and the vote totals over the phone and will soon have the hardcopy of the ballot and vote totals for reconciliation. After reconciling all the vote totals for the polling sites in the state they will announce the winners.
    There is no need for armor car couriers as the totals at the polling site and Secretary of State must reconcile. If there are multiple voting sites the time lag for completion of counting and reconciling will be at a minimum because each place will have less to count. The polling sites can be in churches or community buildings and all procedures are done in the largest room. This allows anyone wanting to observe to see and there are no backrooms.
    This also prevents the electronic voting tallies from being transferred to foreign entities, out of the United States, for reconciliation and transfer to the Secretary of State. This process allows foreign entities a chance to interfere in our elections.
    The winners will be announced and you can count on accuracy because you have three different confirmations of every vote. It would seem that this process would take a little longer, but maybe not if this election is an example, and should be cheaper with minimal startup costs.

Just gonna leave this here...

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/08/14/11-year-old-hacker-changes-election-results/

Quote from @mattblaze:
    "Number one question at @VotingVillageDC this week: given how insecure voting systems are, what should we do? Overwhelming consensus among experts:
    1 - Paper ballots (precinct-counted optical scan)
    2 - Mandatory risk-limiting audits
    3 - More resources to protect back-end systems"

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts