• TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    What do you want to see done in 2019?

I'm fine w/ repealing laws & regs. The new stuff? It depends. I'd be cool with new laws eliminating all welfare programs.

I like this new law: State Rep. Matt Krause, R-Fort Worth, filed a bill to prevent cities from requiring paid sick leave. HB 222. We need to stop these fiefdoms from passing stupid laws.

http://amp.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article221529645.html

c987e5b2f88dcbcff41b7fbf38fc4a73.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In their 140 days in session, I’d like to see 30.06 and 30.07 go away.

I’d like to see no expansion of the current MJ law. Don’t like it? Move.

I’d like to see no expansion of welfare programs, especially anything ‘free’, like college tuition, because there’s no such thing as a free lunch.

I don’t think being able to register to vote online as it’s written is the right answer.

I sure as hell don’t want to see a special session.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Agree; *something* has got to be done about the various taxing entities living within their means and NOT having continually expanding budgets. Property taxes are rapidly reaching the point where people aren’t going to be able to afford to buy a home (ah la, California).

And passing Constitutional Carry!

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    A waiting period for any immigrants from the left coast from voting in the state of Texas. The waiting period should be, say, 150 years. :D

My wife and I are refugees from the left coast. We sure as hell don't vote Dim and we sure as hell want Texas to stay Texas.

What I'd like to see:

Constitutional Carry
    Elimination of 30.06/.07
    Property tax reform, even though I don't pay them I know they are too high and increasing way too much
    Limit the ability of Government to grow to no more than the rate of inflation. Anything beyond that requires a vote of the people in a general election.
    Cut down on the number of special voting days. Get all those crooks on the same schedule.
    School vouchers for every student. Break the back of the teachers unions.
    Eliminate defined benefit retirement for all governmental entities in Texas.
    Strengthen voter ID laws.
    Wipe five laws from the books for every new law passed.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Property tax reform, even though I don't pay them I know they are too high and increasing way too much
    Oh, you pay them. If not directly, then indirectly. And I’m not just talking about where you lay your head at night. Any shop/business that provides goods or service you consume, has to consider the payment of their real estate property tax in their cost of doing business... and guess who they pass that cost along to?

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    My wife and I are refugees from the left coast. We sure as hell don't vote Dim and we sure as hell want Texas to stay Texas.

What I'd like to see:

Constitutional Carry
    Elimination of 30.06/.07
    Limit the ability of Government to grow to no more than the rate of inflation. Anything beyond that requires a vote of the people in a general election.
    Cut down on the number of special voting days. Get all those crooks on the same schedule.
    School vouchers for every student. Break the back of the teachers unions.
    Eliminate defined benefit retirement for all governmental entities in Texas.
    Strengthen voter ID laws.
    Wipe five laws from the books for every new law passed.

Great ideas!

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Oh, you pay them. If not directly, then indirectly. And I’m not just talking about where you lay your head at night. Any shop/business that provides goods or service you consume, has to consider the payment of their real estate property tax in their cost of doing business... and guess who they pass that cost along to?

I know that. But I don't pay property taxes on my house.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Mandatory Shop and Home Ec. in High Schools for all students, no waivers, no getting out of it, in order to graduate. Mandatory recess/play time for Elementary school students. ABOLISH Common Core BS in ALL schools in Texas.

Tax and Budget Finance Reform. If I have to live with "X" amount of money, so do ALL Gov. entities. Like stated, quit taxing us out.

Yup, it's a pipe dream, but, you asked.

mbash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2018
    Constitutional open and concealed carry, but keep the option of getting an LTC for reciprocity and speedy gun purchases.

Get rid of all laws that give the vice units of police departments something to do.

Add a new law so that voting has the same requirements as buying a handgun. They should be equally as difficult (or easy). So currently, everyone would provide ID, fill out 4473, and undergo background check before they could vote. Better go early if you don't have an LTC because NICS may delay your right to vote by a few days.

Top Bottom