• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Why would y’all want 30.06/.07 eliminated? The property owners have every right to decide who/what they want on their property..
    It gets abused sometimes. Govt buildings post unenforceable signs, and other properties post invalid signs. The law is so convoluted Police might not understand the nuances and an innocent party could be harassed or arrested.

Also, in our country property owners don't have every right to decide who they want on their property. Walmart can't decide "no blacks" or "no gays", for example. These signs make it too easy for ignorant hate mongers to discriminate against us.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Why would y’all want 30.06/.07 eliminated? The property owners have every right to decide who/what they want on their property..

Actually, they don’t if they are open to the public.

That was the argument used to get 30.06/30.07 in place.

Why does a business open to the public get to pick and choose who can enter it to do business?

How absurd would it be for the state to have a trespass with religion statute that would allow business owners to criminalize the patronage of people carrying religious paraphernalia openly or concealed?

Secondly, the statues are mechanically poor as they only cover handguns. AOWs and long guns aren’t covered.

Then, there’s confusion with the TABC blue signage and all the questionable/invalid postings.

Going back to the original reasoning when CHL was passed in Texas, there was an unfounded fear of shootouts everywhere. Haven’t seen that, have we?

30.06 and 30.07 need to be erased.

Last edited:

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    My wife and I are refugees from the left coast. We sure as hell don't vote Dim and we sure as hell want Texas to stay Texas.

What I'd like to see:

Constitutional Carry
    Elimination of 30.06/.07
    Property tax reform, even though I don't pay them I know they are too high and increasing way too much
    Limit the ability of Government to grow to no more than the rate of inflation. Anything beyond that requires a vote of the people in a general election.
    Cut down on the number of special voting days. Get all those crooks on the same schedule.
    School vouchers for every student. Break the back of the teachers unions.
    Eliminate defined benefit retirement for all governmental entities in Texas.
    Strengthen voter ID laws.
    Wipe five laws from the books for every new law passed.

If your salary is from tax dollars you cannot use collective bargaining. (Look at what the teachers union does to CA)

All of the above plus stop subsidizing private business with my tax dollars. If you can’t run a profitable business you don’t deserve to be in business.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    If your salary is from tax dollars you cannot use collective bargaining. (Look at what the teachers union does to CA)

All of the above plus stop subsidizing private business with my tax dollars. If you can’t run a profitable business you don’t deserve to be in business.
    Teachers in Texas don't have a union, per se. They have professional organizations that can lobby in Austin (mostly unsuccessfully), but they have no collective bargaining or strike ability per law. All the things currently failing in the TX education system are due to Austin's meddling and incompetent administrators and school boards. Teachers want to teach....not test or build stadiums.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    But that doesn't mean we should have a special law for the anti-gunners. You can put up a sign saying you don't want dogs, or food, or any other object on your property and 99% of us will respect that. If someone doesn't make them leave. Criminal trespass laws are already in place.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom