• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Love dove hunting and haven't done it in a few years since I got off hunting leases that were driving me nuts. Need to find a nice place to get back into it. Some of my best hunting stories and memories were dove hunts.
    Guns International

Reflexred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2020
    Dallas
    alright anyone in North TX been out again for birds or seeing any birds around? thinking about sitting again on Saturday...my public land hunting vid is shaping up to be pretty boring.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Dog had fun. A tad of bird blood on her.
    477e520fb96e6fcafe1a70ad1744235a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    So do doves migrate? I'm south edge outside Dallas...keep 30-60 doves in my yard and neighbors feedin' 'em birdseed all year round...a couple weeks ago they quit coming...I get 3-5 now. Maybe they all got together and rented a Holiday Inn till after dove season? Last year it was 1/2 and 1/2 ringnecks and mourning doves. Love to hear 'em sing!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    So do doves migrate? I'm south edge outside Dallas...keep 30-60 doves in my yard and neighbors feedin' 'em birdseed all year round...a couple weeks ago they quit coming...I get 3-5 now. Maybe they all got together and rented a Holiday Inn till after dove season? Last year it was 1/2 and 1/2 ringnecks and mourning doves. Love to hear 'em sing!
    They get a little punch drunk or shell shocked after being under fire for a while.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Thanks...first time they've faded out on me...we get an occasional cat get one or a young hawk...but hasn't slowed down their munch til this year.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    The Mourning Dove is a true migrater. The White Wing Dove used to be migrater, but they watched & took note on the success of the common Rock Pigeon & decided to hang out year round at bird feeders.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Thanks for the schoolin'...I have both Mourning doves and White Wings here...and the ringneck that's not native to TX.

Reflexred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2020
    Dallas
    yeah I haven't been back out to hunt yet here in N. TX. I haven't really been seeing any fly. I have never hunted the second season, but im thinking about trying it this year. Anyone out near Rockwall seeing any birds flying?

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Still out doing it. My Father in Law loaned me his 28 gauge Ruger Red Label. Shot two yesterday out of the two I saw in range. Getting really slow though. Digging the shotgun, but can't even hardly find 20 gauge shells. Academy had one box of Winchester AA's in 28 gauge for $12. I guess I'd make every shot count.

Top Bottom