• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I wanted to create this thread for the upcoming deer season. Who is planning on hunting deer this year?

I will be hunting in Sutton(MDLP land) and Fannin (rich neighbors property) county here in Texas as well as NY state for about a month. I may also hop down to Pennsylvania while I am stuck up there visiting inlaws. I have seen two bucks on the property near my house that look promising. Hope they show up on the 3rd for bow season.
    Capitol Armory ad

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes...trying to acquire a bow before Saturday.

Really hoping to see these boys again this year. Got 2 feeders out and full. Would like to get 2 more out before November.
    294A9745.jpg

294A0938.jpg

I let him walk last year^^^ Was super excited to see him. Whitetail are hit and miss on the property.

294A8429.jpg
    294A8424.jpg

These were 3weeks after season closed. They might be pretty good soon.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Alas, still without a lease. The last decent one I was on, the guy running it passed away and the place got sold. I got on a lease in Sabine County for a year, but it was far too crazy for me. Opening day, people brought wives, kids, dogs, in-laws - I don't know what all - to the place. It was out of control. And people from leases miles away were caught running dogs on the place. I don't need that kind of insanity.

I've been trying to hook up with one online, but you really have to be careful. There are some less than honest folks out there.

If anyone knows a good source for finding a reasonable lease, please let me know. I may have to start stalking the neighborhood's feral cats to keep from going crazy.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Saving my time and money for a Mule deer hunt. Won’t participate in pay to play events for Whitetail. The free property I have to hunt on doesn’t hold anything they just pass through. Sitting and waiting is frustrating.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Yes...trying to acquire a bow before Saturday.

Really hoping to see these boys again this year. Got 2 feeders out and full. Would like to get 2 more out before November.
    View attachment 228662
    View attachment 228663
    I let him walk last year^^^ Was super excited to see him. Whitetail are hit and miss on the property.

View attachment 228664 View attachment 228665
    These were 3weeks after season closed. They might be pretty good soon.
    Looks like you got both. Whitetail and Mulies

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like you got both. Whitetail and Mulies
    Yes sir!

Had 3 whites and a mule at the feeder this morning. Might be an active year.

Pic is bad from zooming all the way in. I saw this road the other night. Put my truck in the ditch trying to get light on him. First droptine I've ever seen
    20200831_222206.jpg
    20200831_222213.jpg

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    My wife's uncle lets me come try to look for deer on his land up near Waco. Been out there a few times and hadn't seen a deer all weekend some times. But it's a nice place and fun to go even if there's nothing to shoot. Last year I wasn't allowed to get a buck because I got a nice one the year before, so the one time I saw deer, it was three bucks coming up to a feeder. I wondered if he'd believe I passed on them so I started taking pics with my phone. Then I noticed a big boar trotting across the field, so I put one through him. He said I should have just shot one of the bucks... thanks, but it would help to be told that before I see them. I figure he'll tell me to take one of whatever deer I want this season, and all the pigs I can shoot. And might have some extra time to get a fat cull buck since it's MLDP land.

I hear turkeys all over there, and we find feathers, but I've never seen one. I'd really like to shoot one, but he says there aren't enough any more and to leave them alone so they have a chance of recovering. Oh well.

Any way, I'm hoping to get some venison and maybe pork.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wanted to create this thread for the upcoming deer season. Who is planning on hunting deer this year?

I will be hunting in Sutton(MDLP land) and Fannin (rich neighbors property) county here in Texas as well as NY state for about a month. I may also hop down to Pennsylvania while I am stuck up there visiting inlaws. I have seen two bucks on the property near my house that look promising. Hope they show up on the 3rd for bow season.
    You ever watch Whitetail Cribs on youtube? Just discovered it Monday evening. Pretty cool show if you like checking out folks houses, hunting mounts and stories. I've learned some stuff just listening to the stories.

Reactions: MTA

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m hoping to get out on a couple if draws thus year since I’m without a lease right now. I should run up to checkout the Mason WMA, but it’s probably just not worth it.

Top Bottom