• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    Nah man... don't wanna spend the money on it. My wife does a euro mount with them. She paints the face with a bunch of Indian tribal art. It's cool, but different.

I still have 2 buck tags to fill. Hate to get a big one then be knee deep owing the Taxi. Also, trying to work a Colo. Elk hunt in for next season. Lord knows how much it cost to mount one of those. I'd just be happy with a cow and meat though.

View attachment 235003
    That is cool. Your Mrs does great work!

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well my luck turned this morning at about 7 am. Tipped the scales at almost 175lbs. Over 10 points. May have been a 12 before he broke one off. I put a 139gr Hornady boat tail soft point through both lungs right at 100 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_20201130_074258261.jpg
      IMG_20201130_074258261.jpg
      3.7 MB · Views: 191
    • IMG_20201130_080902246_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20201130_080902246_HDR.jpg
      3.6 MB · Views: 191
    • IMG_20201130_074250010.jpg
      IMG_20201130_074250010.jpg
      3.1 MB · Views: 203
    • IMG_20201130_082708666_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20201130_082708666_HDR.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 191

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Im not hunting my property this year. I would but, do to living arrangements right now, i have no where to store a deep freeze. So no meat for me. My neighbor has a freezer full of meat & said come on down & grab what you like, when you like.

A few neighbors have had decent luck around me on their properties.

Neighbor kid shot this 10pt. Last week.

20201109_172457.jpg

Then Tuesday another neighbor shot this 8pt.... has broken brow tines... so technically a 6pt.
    Image-1.jpg

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Took me 40 years but got my first deer. Went on a solo doe hunt in Victoria. First evening in the stand I only saw bucks and a few small does. Sat and watched two small bucks lock antlers and play fight for a while. Came out the next morning at got this doe after a couple of hours in the stand.

This was my first time skinning and gutting a deer so I took my time and finished in about an hour. Next time I have to remember to bring along a saw or some shears and more items to clean myself afterwards.

It was a 65 yard shot but the 30-06 I was shooting damaged a lot of meat. Entered behind the left shoulder took out the heart and ribs and exited the right shoulder. The deer dropped where she was standing but I'm wondering it the 06 was overkill at that distance. The longest shot where I was hunting was 200 yards. I enjoyed everything until I dropped the meat off at the processor and saw the prices. I might have to start looking at butchering my own deer.

03239a9a9e53286823db0c17963c1824.jpg

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    My camera is sending me so many pictures I had to change the frequency of the transmissions. I hate to admit it but I don't like venison so I don't hunt deer but I have let a military guy hunt the property like I offered once to others. I will be trying for hogs though, not the big boars but the small ones. See if I like grain feed pork.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The older I get, the more I want to go hunting.

My dad never took me. He was accustomed to bird hunting back east and never adapted to anything when we moved to central Texas. Now that I'm old, I feel like I missed out.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Took me 40 years but got my first deer. Went on a solo doe hunt in Victoria. First evening in the stand I only saw bucks and a few small does. Sat and watched two small bucks lock antlers and play fight for a while. Came out the next morning at got this doe after a couple of hours in the stand.

This was my first time skinning and gutting a deer so I took my time and finished in about an hour. Next time I have to remember to bring along a saw or some shears and more items to clean myself afterwards.

It was a 65 yard shot but the 30-06 I was shooting damaged a lot of meat. Entered behind the left shoulder took out the heart and ribs and exited the right shoulder. The deer dropped where she was standing but I'm wondering it the 06 was overkill at that distance. The longest shot where I was hunting was 200 yards. I enjoyed everything until I dropped the meat off at the processor and saw the prices. I might have to start looking at butchering my own deer.

03239a9a9e53286823db0c17963c1824.jpg

Nice doe! I have a lot of family in Victoria. I use .30-06 myself mainly. Under 200 yards the bullets performs relatively the same at any distance (depending on the bullet you use). I definitely recommend a hacksaw or a pair of loppers for butchering any animal you get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

My dad never took me. He was accustomed to bird hunting back east and never adapted to anything when we moved to central Texas. Now that I'm old, I feel like I missed out.
    If you want to come to Wichita Falls I will take you out to my place and you can get a deer for sure. There seem to be a bunch at my feeder. I don't hunt them but we can do it together if you want. Hogs seem to show up about 6:00 pm. Deer all the time. I have a nice blind. These are not my deer, they belong to the people of the great state of Texas, they just happen to be on my land. I don't see trophy stuff but plain old does and occasional bucks. Let me know if interested. Nobody in my family has ever hunted except me.
    My favorite is pheasant with a good dog in Nebraska. But will try hogs. They make a real mess of my property.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    20201205_110803.jpg

20201205_145204.jpg
    20201205_121122.jpg
    20201205_171241.jpg

The bounty from last weeks hunting in Jim Hogg County

Got back with about 65 lbs of venison
    Just took shoulders , leg quarters, and tenderloin, BS
    Left the rest for the ranch helpers

I mixed in 12 lbs of 80% ground chuck

So all in put up about 80 lbs

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

You are more than welocme to come out to my place anytime Ben.

W_kemp

Life is hard, it’s harder if you’re stupid
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Hugo, OK
    God I miss hunting. Hunted non stop every year growing up but couldn’t make it back this year to Minnesota for any hunting season.. even got a new Hoyt for deer season.... really need to find some land to hunt on here in Texas. Nothing beats some fresh venison!

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    God I miss hunting. Hunted non stop every year growing up but couldn’t make it back this year to Minnesota for any hunting season.. even got a new Hoyt for deer season.... really need to find some land to hunt on here in Texas. Nothing beats some fresh venison!

If you don’t know anyone or don’t want to pay for a lease. There’s always the SH National forest. It’s typical public Land hunting but at least it’s an opportunity. Me and my dad went once when I was little. Didn’t see anything but saw a couple guys skinning their kills

W_kemp

Life is hard, it’s harder if you’re stupid
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Hugo, OK
    If you don’t know anyone or don’t want to pay for a lease. There’s always the SH National forest. It’s typical public Land hunting but at least it’s an opportunity. Me and my dad went once when I was little. Didn’t see anything but saw a couple guys skinning their kills

Definitely considered that! I just grew up doing all my hunting on private land and it’s so nice being able to not have to see other hunters while you’re out and have more control of your environment but anything is better than not hunting!

Top Bottom