• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I'm not a serious off roader either. But from what I've seen you usually have spotters to help you navigate the serious stuff. So I can see how the cameras and sensors help in the hairy stuff.

As long as you don't mind being laughed at by real offroaders, buy all the "high tech" you can afford! ;););)

However, when it breaks or ends up being useless while offroading, expect the same wrath power windows, power locks, computer screens, etc. on such vehicles deserves!
    Texas SOT

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    As long as you don't mind being laughed at by real offroaders, buy all the "high tech" you can afford! ;););)

However, when it breaks or ends up being useless while offroading, expect the same wrath power windows, power locks, computer screens, etc. on such vehicles deserves!
    No one is confusing it for a serious rock crawler. At least I hope they aren't.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

Cameras are on new vehicles because folks have been doing them aftermarket for years now. Now it’s integrated which is certainly helpful. Spotters can be incorrect about distance, direction, etc. It’s nice to have more information and tools available.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    I have some decent seat time in the new bronco. Its pretty capable off road in stock form for most peoples “off road” definition. Its not a desert whoop killer or rock crawling unicorn, but will get you there and back to some remote places.

my wife has a mid level 4 door on order. We are in no rush on delivery.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Cameras are on new vehicles because folks have been doing them aftermarket for years now. Now it’s integrated which is certainly helpful. Spotters can be incorrect about distance, direction, etc. It’s nice to have more information and tools available.
    Ford is just now catching up. Land Rover has had the cameras for over a decade.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

Yet somehow people driving old Jeeps navigate the most challenging trails without them!

Just another crutch making people weaker and subjective to needless technology!

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    It’s a front camera on the top of the line package. It’s not some “offroad cheat” system like some are alluding to. About the only time it’s useful is to peek over a crest of a hill. But any good driver would get out and look before choosing that route. So front camera is kind of a mute point.

The new Bronco does have some cool technology built in. Push button front stay bar disconnect, push button on the fly electronic lockers, all the GOAT modes, one pedal drive (simulates two foot driving technique), and adjustable cruise control for the trails. It’s all up to you if you want to use it, or drive old school.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I got an email from Ford basically saying shit or get off the pot :laughing:

I have until Nov 21st to place an order or lose my reservation. Guess they are finally starting to catch up. They haven't allowed any new orders to people without reservations for several months now.

Apparently I'm eligible to order one of the heritage editions. The heritage is just a base sasquatch with a cool paint scheme, tho.. They won't let you option it out.

hmm...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Come on, maybe you could get one that catches on fire for some excitement!

Like the 4 door wranglers?
    default_lmao.gif
    default_Dr_Pepper_Emoticon_by_peterbriers.gif

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I know a guy who works for Ford. We were talking about the new Broncos. He told me to wait till the third year. Apparently a number of issues besides the fires and blown engines.

2nd year is being built but third year will have all the bugs worked out.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just found out they have a limiter at 101mph... When it's time to hoover up those long western highways, I set the cruise control to 105 on my Land Rover :laughing:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I know a guy who works for Ford. We were talking about the new Broncos. He told me to wait till the third year. Apparently a number of issues besides the fires and blown engines.

2nd year is being built but third year will hopefully have all the bugs worked out.
    Fixed it. Maybe Ford can do the same.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ford keeps emailing me trying to get me to place an order. I called them a couple weeks ago asking about incentives and the best they could do was $975 off MSRP.

Get this email yesterday literally saying I should ask the dealer about incentives. I filled out the configurator tool and sent it in. Get a text from the dealer about an hour later and ask about incentives. Radio silence :laughing:

1667930000847.png

1667930116509.png

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Ford keeps emailing me trying to get me to place an order. I called them a couple weeks ago asking about incentives and the best they could do was $975 off MSRP.

Get this email yesterday literally saying I should ask the dealer about incentives. I filled out the configurator tool and sent it in. Get a text from the dealer about an hour later and ask about incentives. Radio silence :laughing:

View attachment 355008
    View attachment 355009
    Probably nothappening, the dealership here in Granbury has one USED 2021 at $63,000 and 17,500 miles. Yes it has lots of aftermarket stuff but it is a Big Bend model not a high end.

Top Bottom