• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Show off your success this season.

I got this guy this morning. I shot him on the run chasing a doe. Still managed to get a almost perfect lung shot, he dropped instantly. This is why I prefer hunting with a RDS. Was using my AR, using Hornady .223/55gr match hollow points. Entry was hard to find and didn't initially see an exit. After dressed out, found an exit, even though these were hollow points. Might of had a complete pass through, but did a lot of damage on the inside. Have killed a lot of hogs with this setup, just never actually dissected to see the damage. Won't post any pics of that, just look at any of Paul Harrell's vids with the meat target.

1QIcMox.jpg
    DK Firearms

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well for the first time ever I had a great opening weekend ! This 175+ lb 15pt buck was curious enough to meander within a few yards of one of my feeders this morning. He stopped about 10 yards away facing slightly away from me. I felt like if I waited for him to square up to me I might not get a shot at all.

I hunt from a tripod and tried to clip his lungs and let my high angle work to my benefit. Overall it did. Broken rib and hit lung on entry, broke second rib and front shoulder at exit. Think I'm going to find the bullet in the far shoulder. Anyhow, I'll chalk up another one for my 280 and call it the best start I've ever had to a deer season.

This one also happens to be my only non typical trophy ever with some unique "candle holder" 4pt clusters. If one hadn't already lost a point he would be a true 16pt deer. Some pictures for your enjoyment !

Attachments

• IMG_20211107_072216_01.jpg
      IMG_20211107_072216_01.jpg
      2.5 MB · Views: 149
    • IMG_20211107_072122943.jpg
      IMG_20211107_072122943.jpg
      2.9 MB · Views: 135
    • IMG_20211107_075652793.jpg
      IMG_20211107_075652793.jpg
      3.6 MB · Views: 136

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well for the first time ever I had a great opening weekend ! This 175+ lb 15pt buck was curious enough to meander within a few yards of one of my feeders this morning. He stopped about 10 yards away facing slightly away from me. I felt like if I waited for him to square up to me I might not get a shot at all.

I hunt from a tripod and tried to clip his lungs and let my high angle work to my benefit. Overall it did. Broken rib and hit lung on entry, broke second rib and front shoulder at exit. Think I'm going to find the bullet in the far shoulder. Anyhow, I'll chalk up another one for my 280 and call it the best start I've ever had to a deer season.

This one also happens to be my only non typical trophy ever with some unique "candle holder" 4pt clusters. If one hadn't already lost a point he would be a true 16pt deer. Some pictures for your enjoyment !
    Thats a great one

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    That is a nice buck. I have several big bucks here, that I have been trying to get. Thing is, they never come out during the day, only at night and pretty much at the same times. 10pm, 2am and 5am, no other times caught on my cameras. The biggest is a 10 point, with a spread about the same as in @TexMex247's pic. I have a lot of 6-8 pointers here the size that I shot. I got a pic of 5 of them all together at a mineral block I sat out. Nobody hunts this area except for me. Last year I just used a bow, this year I waited till rifle season. There have only been 3 deer shot off this property in 10 years, so I don't know why these bigger bucks won't come out. Now during the summer, I have walked up on some of these big bucks, they look at me and don't take off. They eye me for a while and then slowly walk off. During hunting/rut, they just disappear.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Over the years, the biggest baddest bucks I ever see are out from midnight to 1am. They live as long as they do for good reason. I was hoping the recent cold snap around here would get them moving. The night before I was eyeballing a 90lb spike but held off. That was literally the second deer I saw this season.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    My first Texas whitetail. Rattled him in about 9:15am yesterday. He snuck in behind me, and lucky for me I decided to stand up and stretch and look around behind me or I may have never seen him.

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_102750.jpg
      IMG_20211114_102750.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 88

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    My first Texas whitetail. Rattled him in about 9:15am yesterday. He snuck in behind me, and lucky for me I decided to stand up and stretch and look around behind me or I may have never seen him.
    Nice buck! Good job on the rattling. I've never had much success with that.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

You gonna get that scored?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    791aea77b3e1d7ef51fd7ca72bd3c62b.jpg

Nothing crazy , but it will be good eating.
    Monday morning I’m heading to a different property for a whitetail that I have my eyes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They taste way better than most whitetail. Will make a good euro mount too

Top Bottom