thru post #123

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Well, if the dog sitter is available, I may just have to make the trip this year. Had excuses the last two years but I think not this year. First year here just had gotten the pooch and had no one to watch her. Last year, well I went through what probably had been a year to year and a half of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever before they found out what I had in September 2020. I was supposedly cured on October 1, after my last doxycycline pill. Ain't over it totally yet.

Then came my bout with the Rona V, then on this 9/11 the stroke including my zombie walk. Now into month 13 of this long mess that contained all three of my recent potentially fatal medical issues and for the past week or so some virus or bacterial infection (or both) that had my throat afire and my neck looking like a half a grapefruit sized puss sack was hanging off of its left side. Got a nice sized shot of antibiotics and some pills and it got better but damn my thrpat has not hurt that bad since radiation therapy or since the time I had some hair pie at a bachelor party and they told me what I caught was strep throat. (I took the docs at their word.) During this recent bott my throat was at least that red as in the pic & the swelling made it feel like I was being strangled at one point. Of course Arthur I. Tis and some other crap have been my constant companions throughout all that time. So here I've been recuperating from feeling like a I had the Gwangi flu or in other words more or less like shit but I feel pretty darned good right now! (I'm sure those must have been someone's last words.)

1632798751656.png

Anyway to get to the point: Now, after the stroke and all that other crud, I've got more reason than ever to make it to this one. As Ian Anderson sang:

Life's a long song.
    But the tune ends too soon for us all.

So, one of the first things I'll do tomorrow morning is send a text to the young lass to see if she can take the mongrel Skye for a couple of days and hopefully I'll be able to make a weekend of it. Keeping my fingers crossed to be there and just made a reservation at the Hampton Inn in Killeen.

Now to brainstorm as to which guns to bring. With any luck I'll receive the TC Contender Super in 35 Remington in time to bring it along. That and some other recent acquisitions and maybe some that I got ages ago would round it off. Decisions, decisions. Anybody have any 45 LC ammo? I've been looking for it but the spots on the shelves for it have been bare. If you have a box to spare, of course for remuneration, I'll bring the Navy Arms Schofield.

Last edited:

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Thanks for putting the show on and for the great directions. I just might actually make it this year.
    Well, eff me, I won't be making this one either.
    Thanks to doctors who don't GAS and staff that is utterly incompetent, I won't be mobile until much later. And these are the people who call themselves "smart & educated" and call us "inbred rednecks". SMH

Top Bottom