Guns International

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    75c2e79ad947ff71b5f1ac121d5476d7.jpg

9ad0691e1c39b96294cc9b9fa414a5bd.jpg

24c6e20bf17922971d7af7d885933a17.jpg

Any idea why a bunch of my tomatoes don’t have fruit ? The flower just dries up …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Squash is pretty much burnt up. Ended up getting about 25 pints of canned corn out of it. Would have been more but scheduling issues meant some stayed on too long before we could set time to pick, shuck, and can it.

Early season Okra is doing well and producing.

Black eyed peas are ripening, got 3 grocery bags worth as of yesterday. Will be shelling Sunday morning and canning in the Afternoon.

Potato’s are ready to dig up. Will see how they turn out. Last time they were very small.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Amateur gardener here. Anyone else have a little garden going on? I'm not great at gardening but I can put seeds into dirt and water daily. Second year garden so far just have 2 cucumbers, some lettuce leaves, and a handful of peas to show for it. Last year had a pretty decent pepper haul and field mice ate my potatoes. Total plants I've got going are lettuce, cucumber, sunflowers, tomatoes, chives, corn, and 3 peppers. My peas and garlic got over shadowed and withered away until dead. I have a mystery plant that cabbage beetles are perforating, and the corn is already turning yellow with just 2 half-grown ears of corn.

It could never sustain me in a food shortage, but its still satisfying to grow stuff and eat it seconds off the vine. Made some good hot sauce and fresh salsa last year, looking forward to that again.
    PXL_20220624_114326781.jpg

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Forgot to add, I put some carrots and dill out front, but its so shaded almost nothing but full-shade plants grow there. The heat and draught seems to have taken quite a toll on my hibiscus. I put a cucumber into some mason jars for 'refrigerator' pickling. its only been there for about a week, we'll see if they stay crunchy and taste decent.

Also, not sure if this is in the right place, its either off-topic, food and BBQ, or prepper stuff.

PXL_20220619_132341564.jpg

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Just now getting cucumbers? Wow, my first round of vines have about reached their end of life and my second planting is growing.
    Planting started around Early-mid april for me, not sure if I'm doing something wrong as it des feel like I should have had peppers by now. Who knows, maybe I'm just not remembering growing season last year.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I have a squirrel eat every thing. With the wife in the hospital I might break out the lawn lion gun and have safari flash backs.
    Theres a rabbit that was hanging out in my back yard I thought was eating my sprouts early April so I put up a little rabbit fence. Then someone suggested it was probably grasshoppers or crickets eating the sprouts. Took down the rabbit fence the cucumber wasn't' using as a trellis and nothing else really is being eaten other than my mystery plant and cabbage beetles. If I weren't in city limits I might have gotten the notion to put the suppressor on a .22 and try my hand at roast rabbit.

Top Bottom