• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    #2. Three feet from the one I clubbed last night. I had my NAA mini .22 loaded with shot in my pocket.. Offed him with one shot from about 8-10 feet. Then I went and got my sharp hoe and made sure he was headless.
    20220602_221506.jpg
    Guns International

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Found a nice speckled king snake, about three feet long.

Told him he was welcome to stay and enjoy the all you can eat buffet - mice, rat snakes, copperheads.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Another copperhead, within five ft. of the sidewalk, bit the dust about 10:30 last night.

Another win for the NAA mini with bird/rat shot. One round at about 5 ft. I looked at him again this morning and did notice that, although I aimed for the head, most of the shot hit him several inches lower in the body. I could see where five of the tiny pellets had passed all the way through. I finished him off with my walking stick.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Somebody needs to come help me eliminate these reptilians. Josie alerted to another tonight on our way in from The Cabana. By the time I got her put up and got a spotlight, it took me 5 minutes to find the dang thing again. 10 ft from the one last night. I'll post a photo in the manana. I threw it over the fence and out of the yard for now.
    She's already been bitten once. And all these are in my fenced yard between The Cabana and the house!

As I've mentioned before, the old-timers around here often tell me the property I purchased was previously known as Copperhead Hill. Great... That was not mentioned in the property description or in the closing statement.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Where's Waldo? Last night I saw the first copperhead in a good while - last time I saw one on our property was in April when mowing and I ran over a juvenille snake. I was walking our oldest doggo - she didn't react the last time a snake was around her (little brown racer) - I wasn't sure if she'd detect the copperhead. She didn't. She didn't alert, change her behavior, or even seem to notice the lil guy despite him being four feet away from her.

I took our youngest out right after, I've never seen him around a snake, wasn't sure if he'd react or not. Just like the others, the goofball didn't even notice the snake. Bouncing around like a dummy. I kept him well away from striking range.

AnfHhOX.jpg

wa6zwkk.jpg

9zggwZV.jpg

dyY7dAQ.jpg

sZ5KWYj.jpg

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    They are well camouflaged, that's for sure. The one I killed a few nights ago, and then threw over the fence, was hard to find the next morning. I thought something had carried it off and then walked a few feet further toward the truck and almost stepped on it!

Top Bottom