• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yeah, I resemble that remark.
    Lol.

I'm glad I only visited for a few years. 6 ft tall 350 and not in a good way. It was probably more than 350 cause I didn't weigh my self for a long time..

I joke when I hit the 220 range again that it looked a lot different than it did last time I was 220.
    DK Firearms

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Lol.

I'm glad I only visited for a few years. 6 ft tall 350 and not in a good way. It was probably more than 350 cause I didn't weigh my self for a long time..

I joke when I hit the 220 range again that it looked a lot different than it did last time I was 220.

Yeah. I'm pretty much just hoping to get south of 300 again. There's a distressing number of pounds between there and where I am, though.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    600 on the ACFT

12 mile Go Ruck with my older brother

ECQC course at Shivworks
    Show off.

Lol

I ran a 5 and a half minute mile ay one time. And did 75 push-ups and 75 sit ups a minute.

Marveling a crippled crotchety badtards memory of glory days.

Lol

ETA I had an outstanding Lustrum or 3 way back when.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am back up in the 240ish range. Driving 41,000 miles last year is the primary root cause( well, eating crap food while driving)
    Going to shoot for another 2000 mile year on the bicycle and make it a hard and fast rule to not eat anything while driving, and only eat if I am going to be out of the car for at least 2 hours.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Mid 40's here and I came across this guy on youtube in the same age range and he was super fit. One of his suggestions among many was to reduce the weight you are throwing up by a small margin and focus intently on the muscle you're working. For example, when bench pressing, pause at the bottom of your motion and focus on your chest for a couple of seconds before you press up again.

Today was chest, back, shoulders at the gym and I ensured this type of focus/intent in my sets - felt like a much more targeted workout than when I was lifting heavier weights just last week. Will see if this helps in the long term to break through any walls in my performance.

As for 2023 goals, I'm working on getting my subcutaneous fat percentage down. I got this cool scale that measures BMI, body fat percentage, weight without fat, bone mass, visceral fat, subcutaneous fat, muscle mass, protein and water mass, etc. Most of my stats are in normal (displayed as green on the readout) or good (displayed blue). The one dadgum stat that is in the orange is my subcutaneous fat. I'm committed to getting that down into the blue!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I am back up in the 240ish range. Driving 41,000 miles last year is the primary root cause( well, eating crap food while driving)
    Going to shoot for another 2000 mile year on the bicycle and make it a hard and fast rule to not eat anything while driving, and only eat if I am going to be out of the car for at least 2 hours.
    Don't you have a few inches on us 6 footers.

Well I'm 6 feet if you use a cloth tape so you can measure the crippled hunched over dimensions properly. Lol

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Mid 40's here and I came across this guy on youtube in the same age range and he was super fit. One of his suggestions among many was to reduce the weight you are throwing up by a small margin and focus intently on the muscle you're working. For example, when bench pressing, pause at the bottom of your motion and focus on your chest for a couple of seconds before you press up again.

Today was chest, back, shoulders at the gym and I ensured this type of focus/intent in my sets - felt like a much more targeted workout than when I was lifting heavier weights just last week. Will see if this helps in the long term to break through any walls in my performance.

As for 2023 goals, I'm working on getting my subcutaneous fat percentage down. I got this cool scale that measures BMI, body fat percentage, weight without fat, bone mass, visceral fat, subcutaneous fat, muscle mass, protein and water mass, etc. Most of my stats are in normal (displayed as green on the readout) or good (displayed blue). The one dadgum stat that is in the orange is my subcutaneous fat. I'm committed to getting that down into the blue!
    I saw one of those. You have to use bare feet cause it uses electricity and resistance to measure that stuff correct?

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I saw one of those. You have to use bare feet cause it uses electricity and resistance to measure that stuff correct?
    You are correct sir:
    14e65700c833f995c17d0c612169ad28.jpg

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You are correct sir:
    14e65700c833f995c17d0c612169ad28.jpg
    I wonder how that would work with lots of metal in your body.

It would be interesting to know that info as a simple BMI table isn't accurate.

The wife and I were watching TV and she put her had on my stomach and panicked thinking I had a couple masses growing. I laughed and said those are actual stomach muscles. You havnt seen them there in a couple decades and thanks to the body changes innthe intervening years you will only be able to feel them. Lol

Se says you got a 4 pack hiding under there.
    Good thing I'm not vein. That kinda stuff can hurt your feelings. Lol

I couldn't do anymore core exercises anyways due to all the surgery and the ruptured disc and broken fusion anyways. I can only tighten them while walking and the other stuff I do.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Interesting question about the metal inside you @candcallen. I've no clue as to what affect it would have on the readings. Agreed simple BMI is lacking in completeness. Here's a snap of my reading from this morning. Note, I'm definitely a foot shorter than Hoji. Anyone interested in the scale it's called the 'Fit Track'.
    030aaf31d254810a0bc31bc6fc4c9b76.jpg
    f17bcca5048a6c1007e83dfedc1cc867.jpg

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Ok bitches I’m gonna post regularly for accountability. I haven’t been this thin since sophomore year in high school.
    Goal is +10 lbs muscle in a year.
    I’m 53 years old, thank goodness for TRT

View attachment 365950

I have the same scale. I'm down to 140.2 this morning need to get to 138 and then continue on the gym journey, most of the weight loss was dietary change.

Top Bottom