• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I have the same scale. I'm down to 140.2 this morning need to get to 138 and then continue on the gym journey, most of the weight loss was dietary change.

My problem is that when I don’t work out, I don’t have an appetite and I just shed weight.
    My wife hates me LOL
    Capitol Armory ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My problem is that when I don’t work out, I don’t have an appetite and I just shed weight.
    My wife hates me LOL
    Interesting.

I think one of the biggest reasons (besides pure laziness) that I tend to half-ass my workouts is that when I work out hard and consistently my appetite goes into overdrive. I invariably see no weight loss and often gain weight.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Been hitting the gym 4 or 5 times a week for the past 4 months. Definitely plan on keeping that going.

46, 6'1, and about 2sexy. I mean 260 lbs. Dang autocorrect.

Haven't really lost any weight but it's shifting. I've been in decent shape since high school. Working construction has played a big part in that.

New Years brought the transition from smoking to vaping. I can feel the benefits as I smoked a lot. Maybe '23 will bring vaping to an end as well but baby steps for now.

Besides just a general desire to get in better shape I want to be more prepared for the coming Civil War II.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Well ........... I've always been skinny except when I worked out with weights (20+ years ago). I'm about 6'2" tall on a good day and weigh about 150 lbs. I feel good and felt good when I worked out with weights on a regular basis. I got up to a little over 200 lbs. working the weights but at my age now (closer to 80 than I am to 70), I'm not doing it any more weight lifting. I walk out here in the country but too many hills to run.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Interesting.

I think one of the biggest reasons (besides pure laziness) that I tend to half-ass my workouts is that when I work out hard and consistently my appetite goes into overdrive. I invariably see no weight loss and often gain weight.

Intermittent fasting and you need to be cutting carbs out of your diet. You even work out moderately (2 times a week) you'll drop weight.

Been hitting the gym 4 or 5 times a week for the past 4 months. Definitely plan on keeping that going.

46, 6'1, and about 2sexy. I mean 260 lbs. Dang autocorrect.

Haven't really lost any weight but it's shifting. I've been in decent shape since high school. Working construction has played a big part in that.

New Years brought the transition from smoking to vaping. I can feel the benefits as I smoked a lot. Maybe '23 will bring vaping to an end as well but baby steps for now.

Besides just a general desire to get in better shape I want to be more prepared for the coming Civil War II.

This is 100% why I started doing this last year. I want to be able to walk, move, and shoot if I have to.

@pronstar todays stats. I don't know if you weigh yourself nude or not but I weight myself with NOTHING on not even my glasses.

1672857090795.png

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I wrestled at 167 and had weight lifting record at 167 then one day woke up at 185. It's just they way it is. I could still run as fast and lift as much and clothes all fit the same.

Then Once at work I realised that no matter how strong you were extra weight helped when fighting I started to eat to gain muscle and weight and got to about 220 pretty quick. It made a big difference and made it harder for people you were taking down to gain leverage on you.

I'm happy in the 208 210 range. I just wish I didn't visit 350 plus in the intervening years. Lol
    I'm right around 205-208 right now and have been for 4 or 5 years Was under 200 earlier this year, and want to get back under 200 for good. 185 or 190 would be a good place for me. I've been doing more trail running and trying to ride again, but family and work* make for a full plate....

*didn't have a work week under 60h all December and in the middle of a 75h week right now

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Keto has worked for me in the past, and when I need to lose weight I jump right into it.
    Like anything it only fails when I get off.

For 2023, I will be very militant in following a high protein, low fat, and no carb diet. I have done this in the past, and I will be doing it for the next 3 months.

- No breakfast (only coffee, with no milk or sugar)
    35 ounces of cold water before 9 a.m.

- Lunch:
    6 grams of Glucomannan
    3 egg whites
    1 can of tuna
    1 can of vegetables (no starches)
    17 ounces of water mixed with Propel for 70mg of potassium, and 10mg of Niacin

- Dinner
    6 grams of Glucomannan
    1 piece of fish (preferably salmon)
    1 can of vegetables

* Supplements taken in the morning
    Vitamin D3 (10,000 IU)
    1000 mg of Vitamin C
    99 mg of Potassium Citrate

TOTAL REFINED SUGARS and Carbs due to flour... 0.00

So far, since Jan 1st: I have lost 9.6 lbs.

I typically drop a lot in the first 2 weeks, thus this is expected.
    But it does level off after the first month. I plan to be at least 50 to 80 lbs lighter by April 3rd.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Keto has worked for me in the past, and when I need to lose weight I jump right into it.
    Like anything it only fails when I get off.

For 2023, I will be very militant in following a high protein, low fat, and no carb diet. I have done this in the past, and I will be doing it for the next 3 months.

- No breakfast (only coffee, with no milk or sugar)
    35 ounces of cold water before 9 a.m.

- Lunch:
    6 grams of Glucomannan
    3 egg whites
    1 can of tuna
    1 can of vegetables (no starches)
    17 ounces of water mixed with Propel for 70mg of potassium, and 10mg of Niacin

- Dinner
    6 grams of Glucomannan
    1 piece of fish (preferably salmon)
    1 can of vegetables

* Supplements taken in the morning
    Vitamin D3 (10,000 IU)
    1000 mg of Vitamin C
    99 mg of Potassium Citrate

TOTAL REFINED SUGARS and Carbs due to flour... 0.00

So far, since Jan 1st: I have lost 9.6 lbs.

I typically drop a lot in the first 2 weeks, thus this is expected.
    But it does level off after the first month. I plan to be at least 50 to 80 lbs lighter by April 3rd.
    Watch the tuna. 1 can a day might give you mercury poisoning. Serious stuff.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I truly believe that tuna is a substantial contributor to the fact that despite my almost lifelong obesity, my cholesterol is great and the one time I had a heart Cath, the doc told me my blood vessels were as clean as he'd ever seen.

From age 12 to about age 35, I estimate that 2 out of 3 of all my meals were a can of tuna fish plus add-ons (bread, crackers, occasional mayo). There were many, many days when breakfast, lunch and dinner were all tuna fish.

AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    Weighed myself yesterday and I am up 20 pounds since mid-October. Body fat went from high teens to 25% according to my scale.

The holidays were fun, but damn I need to stop eating and drinking.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Fitness same belt I’m wearing today around my waist 12 months from now without having to punch another hole in it for the buckle. That is my 2023 fitness goal

On a serious note, I went from 242 lbs to 185 lbs from early 2020 to the end of 2021/early 2022. Fasting isn’t hard once you get past the initial uncomfortableness of it. I gained all but 15 lbs or so of that back when we had to go back to the office part—time last year. The office setting doesn’t lend well to keeping the pounds off. For me anyway

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I got a new mtb yesterday. Haven't rode in 15 years. My goal is to get in better shape. Not a high goal since I'm in terrible shape. I hope to lose 20 lbs this year.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I ride 5 miles a day every day, if the temp is at least 55°. If it's too chilly I ride a stationary bike at the Y. I'm maintaining 180 lbs, 6' and 71. Albeit I've been riding since 2016. Good going, and it's true once you learn to ride a bike you don't forget. I hadn't ridden in over 40 years when I started in 2016.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    One challenge I found immediately is my neighborhood/area is very hilly. Great for hiking. Great for riders who are in shape. Terrible for me. It makes my rides pretty short compared to if I was in a flat area.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    One challenge I found immediately is my neighborhood/area is very hilly. Great for hiking. Great for riders who are in shape. Terrible for me. It makes my rides pretty short compared to if I was in a flat area.

Yeah hills and wind is killer. My ride is flat residential streets. If you keep at it you will get stronger. I ride with a guy who has a trike, it's like riding in a recliner.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    FYI..lots of good science saying that higher daily step counts of over 10K are associated with lower all cause mortality.
    It makes sense..move more damn it!
    You werent made to sit 8 hrs in an office chair under artificial lights and go home and sit and eat and go to bed only to do it over again the next day.

Drink water with electrolytes

Walk 10K steps per day

Avoid highly processed foods

Eat dairy, eggs and meat not grains, grains, and grains

Get sunshine..preferably morning for 15 minutes ( this resets your natural cycle and starts producing melatonin and serotonin)

Put the social media away and read a book or engage in your mind in a productive manner

Sleep 7- 8 hrs a night.(sleep is a very underrated key to weight loss.

Skip breakfast a few times a week.
    You wont die.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Thanks for the heads up.

So far, it's working.
    -21.2 lbs since 01/01.

I upgraded some of my lunches from Tuna to bagged salmon.

ETA: Also, I learned a big lesson in Carb Cycling... not a good idea IMO. Although the science behind it makes sense, 2-days of cycling 120 grams of carbohydrates (1800 calls in a day) did not work and did nothing but ruin 1 whole week in January.

Eat what you can, and NOTHING you shouldn't.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom