• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Just came in from mowing to get more coffee and cool down, came across my first copperhead on the property this year. The brush pile I've got built up out by our fence I figure must have a dozen of the damn things hiding in it (that's how I always approach it, anyway) and sure enough - after I made my first pass around it, coming back for the second, I saw a "stick" from a distance, almost ran it over, stopped, backed up and got some pix. I had to wait for him to move as I came back on my third pass, but he made it off into the creek bottom unharmed.

IMG_0492.JPEG

IMG_0494.JPEG

IMG_0497.JPEG

IMG_0499.JPEG

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Good on you for letting him go. You should scrub that boot with some kind of detergent that breaks down enzymes where he was biting on it. Wear nitrile gloves.
    That was a couple weeks ago, hopefully they’re good now.

I don’t think he got his teeth anywhere near the leather though, his head was probably half the size of your pinky fingernail, it was a little bitty one.

Is that venom?

IMG_5242.jpeg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    One of our dogs loves to go out that way during her daily walks, and none of our damn dumbass dogs seem to pay attention to snakes. Same dog got the shit scared out of her the other night when my wife was walking her by a 4' long rat snake on the opposite side of the yard (also to the front of the property) - they don't see the snakes until they move (as nature intended, I guess)

I don't like letting the dogs get near / into the brush because who knows what kind of critter is lurking in there. I don't need to pay vet bills right now because of a dummy getting bit either.

Top Bottom