• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking to buy my last piece of the puzzle for my rifle arsenal. I'm wanting to get a .204 upper to yote/bobcat hunt with. I have an ar15 by CORE. I read on one website that the 204 will fit standard 556/223 mag. I have a bunch of magpul gen3 mags and that would work perfect.

Is it just as simple as taking off my 556 upper and dropping on the 204 upper? I have never messed with any of my ar's in this manner. Anyone have any experience with a reputable 204 upper manufacture?

Thanks
    Hurley's Gold

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Should be if the fit the standard mag.. My only .204’s are Savage bolt actions. I know there is a 204 practical that is based on the .223/5.56 brass for better fit in the standard AR-15. It loses a little velocity due to less room for powder...just options...that would be more plug and play. Just giving you options.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Should be if the fit the standard mag.. My only .204’s are Savage bolt actions. I know there is a 204 practical that is based on the .223/5.56 brass for better fit in the standard AR-15. It loses a little velocity due to less room for powder...just options...that would be more plug and play. Just giving you options.

hmm... I was torn on getting a bolt. I love bolt guns. But then this thought came to me. Maybe I'll just stick to getting the bolt. Savage is releasing their new 110 predator... and I cant stop drooling over it

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Sad thing is I have the uppers/lowers in inventory to build one....but I need to get my 6.5 grendel out to the range first....I have high hopes for that round. It should also make a good varmint round.

DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    YMMV, but I don't see one thing that any of these 20s can do that I can't do with standard 223/5.56 rounds out of a CR6724 or my custom Krieger barreled Remington 700 and I can do MOA way father than these lightweight pills can ever hope to make. (40 gr bullets up to 100 gr bullets provides plenty enough of options for me).

But then I'm old enough to remember how quickly the Remington center-fire 17 died......

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    YMMV, but I don't see one thing that any of these 20s can do that I can't do with standard 223/5.56 rounds out of a CR6724 or my custom Krieger barreled Remington 700 and I can do MOA way father than these lightweight pills can ever hope to make. (40 gr bullets up to 100 gr bullets provides plenty enough of options for me).

But then I'm old enough to remember how quickly the Remington center-fire 17 died......

Different strokes for different folks.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    hmm... I was torn on getting a bolt. I love bolt guns. But then this thought came to me. Maybe I'll just stick to getting the bolt. Savage is releasing their new 110 predator... and I cant stop drooling over it
    go with the Savage bolt gun on the .204
    Put some good glass on it and you are set for varmints

Top Bottom