• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Yesterday I purchased a complete .22cal upper, new in generic cardboard box. It has no markings or name on the flat top/A4 housing and the housing is made of polymer. It has a full sized 16" barrel with a standard FSB. It has the standard round carbine style handguard but does not have a dust cover. It came complete with BCG ready to shoot. One thing I noticed was there is no gas tube for operation. I have no idea who made it or where I can get a manual for it. Can someone give me direction here??? Any help would be appreciated.
    tex45acp
    Hurley's Gold

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It should have another buffer tube spring? I'm assuming it's a blow back operation rather than the gas impingement system, hence the lack of the gas tube.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Alan is on the ball. I bet it doesn't need a gas tube. It probably operates similar to a semi-auto pistol or like the ciener .22 kits.

You'll have to let us know how it works out for you, in regards to reliability and accuracy. It sounds like fun.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    It is blowback. No buffer assembly needed though, the bolt operates entirely within the upper. Can you post some pics? Google Bushmaster .22 upper, they like to make carbon receivers.

ETA: Is it this?

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Here are the pictures....hopefully this will help:
    22conv1.jpg

22conv2.jpg

22conv3.jpg

22conv4.jpg

22conv5.jpg

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Well it looks like I figured it out. The unit is made by Velocity Firearms. They make three different models of dedicated uppers for the 22lr. According to the pricing on their website I DID get a good deal.
    From the website:
    http://velocityfirearms.com/cart/in..._id=57&zenid=36d4261d96adc0d2eda25d967a38106e
    Velocity Firearms model AR22-100. Complete upper for AR-15 in 22 long rifle. The AR22-100 has a Carbon Fiber Upper Receiver completely interchangeable with a standard flat top upper receiver. These are dedicated .22 long rifle caliber with a chrome moly, 1-16” twist, 16” long barrel , and feature a Military type .22 long rifle bolt assembly (very accurate). Include with this upper is a 27rnd BLACK DOG MAG!!! For those in states that will not except high capacity mags I do have 10rnd black dog mags. These uppers will fit any mil-spec lower receiver.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    It is composite, but I went back to the guy I bought it from and he did buy it from Velocity and even showed me the invoice. Planning on trying it out at the range this weekend.

Top Bottom