• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Picked up a CMMG .22 conversion kit for AR’s on sale, so I threw it in a PSA AR that was sitting in the safe, and put a Vortex red dot on top and went to the range to see how it worked. Had 4 different flavors of .22 and it cycled everything great. Had so much fun, I came home and got online to see about picking up a bolt action .22. May grab a cheap Savage Mark II FV. As much fun as I have working up loads and shooting tiny groups with my center fire stuff, I think I finally figured out why so many people love shooting .22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The Savage mkii FV is a great little rifle. I have the mkii precision and shoot it out past 200 yards. Try different ammos in it. Mine likes lead bullets at close range and CCI Minimag HPs for anything past 50 yards.
    Rimfires are not just short range plinkers. And they are cheap fun.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    My first was a Marlin Mounty 39M circa 1973. It’s still my favorite. Shot a ton of squirrels with that thing growing up.

My son has a CZ bolt gun that easily will put 10 rounds into a dime at 50 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Lever action .22! A very long time ago my best friend got an Ithica lever .22 for Christmas. A was so stinking jealous my eyes turned green.

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    Longtime fan of 22LR here. Great fun at any range. Never thought of it as a long range round until I watched Kirsten Joy Weiss shooting eggs at 300 yards offhand.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I think I finally figured out why so many people love shooting .22.
    Well, yeah.....

I thought EVERYONE had experienced the fun of 22 rimfire shooting...
    That's what everyone started with, in my generation. A box of 50 long rifle cartridges cost 37 cents, and we shot a metric ton of them.

Part of the fun, once you become familiar with them, (and their annoying characteristic of riccocheting off nearly anything, dirt field, ponds, etc....) is the fact that you can just do a mag dump without worrying about saving brass...

Get a Taurus TX22 and find out how much fun it is to rapid fire 15 rounds with about zero recoil...

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    Had an Ithaca lever when we were kids. If you didn’t wirk the lever right, it would jam. Our neighbor lady had a slide action gallery gun that she’d let us girls shoot.

That was so smooth and held way over 10 .22.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Did someone say 22s are fun?
    20230209_132242.jpg

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Learned to shoot at cub scout camp over 65 years ago with a Marlin bolt action 22lr. Ended up buying one and still in use. No background check, walk in with cash, walk out with rifle. I was 12 and unaccompanied.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have Marlin Model 81 bolt gun. As a teen when my eyesight was better, I could shoot a coon out of a tree with a bullet to the eye.

Kept me in gas money for a few years.

Top Bottom