• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    I've been under a rock I guess.

I knew there were ammo shortages around the country of various calibers - 9mm, .40, .45, etc... were hard to find locally, although I did get lucky with finding .40.

I had also bought several bulk boxes of Federal .22, which were abundant a few months ago when I bought them. I thought they still were. Today, a friend asked if I knew where to buy .22LR. A friend of his in California wanted some, and he was trying to tell them where to go. I told him, "Yeah, try WalMart - they still have it". Nope. So then I start rattling off sites for him - Ammoman.com, Midway, etc...

As he is talking to me, he is typing in web addresses - all of them - "Out of stock" on every .22LR round there was listed.

I didn't think it had come to that yet. Wow. Guess I need to keep up, huh?

All the best,
    Glenn
    Target Sports

TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    I ran into that about a month ago and couldn't believe it. There was no 22LR at Carter's Country in Houston and Cabelas in Austin didn't have any either. Acadamy had a little bit.

The good news is that it is much better now. It is back in the stores in Houston and I put in an order from Midway on Thursday for Wolf Match 22LR and it got here this morning. Have your buds check Cabales and Midway again because they have it. If not, check Able Ammo.

Everything is coming back but there are still a few gaps. Hopefully, all of the hysteria is over with and we can get back to shooting without having to hunt for ammo and re-loading supplies like Commanches looking for deer in a drought.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    When you are looking for ammo on Midway there is an option to have them email you when the ammo you want comes into stock, select that and then when its in they send you an email and you can order up...

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I was in Academy on Saturday and they had a bunch of the Federal 550 round blocks on the shelf. They had a fair amount of other calibers too. Fellow behind the counter said ammo supplies were improving weekly.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Sometimes if I walk into Walmart at the right time .22 is on the shelf, last trip they only had CB cap and .22 mag. A couple of years ago I got some .22long and keep it as a novelty rather then shoot it. When the shortage started I bought more .22 in bulk 550 boxes then normal and that is the only thing making range trips seem practical. Now I usually shoot a box or less of two centerfires and the rest is 22lr most trips.

netxhomesteader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Richmond
    Where's the .22 LR?

I've been having good luck at the Walmart in Sugar Land for 9mm, but the .22LR has dried up over the past two months. Previously, I was seeing several boxes of the Remmington 550 box. Now, nothing..... I spend the weeks in Port Arthur and weekends in Richmond and continue to be frustrated by the shortages. I'm currently seeking out the online sources for WINCHESTER 45 Long Colt 225 gr. Super-X® Silvertip® Hollow Point and it's nowhere to be found. They're telling me October 2009. I figured by now it would start to ease off.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Did someone say .22lr?

I bought this way before the craziness hit and I'm starting to run a little low myself....just went through 1100 rounds of .22lr this past weekend. :eek: Trying to shoot up all the bulk pack junk as I'm just switching to the Mini-Mags.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    wow thats close to what I have hoytinak. I havent had much trouble getting .22lr. On monday the academy on 1431 had the Remington bulk packs and one winchester bulk pack. Notice I said "had".

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    I see 22lr everywhere fairly regularly. In fact the academy in round Rock had some a few hours ago. If you keep having trouble finding it I'll be glad to help out.

Top Bottom