• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    My favorite .22WMR is an old HK300 semiauto. Dead nuts accurate and totally reliable. IMHO, it's pretty much the Cadillac of .22WMRs.

I've had a Ruger Super Single Six Convertible revolver for twenty years, and just recently bought one of the Ruger Single Ten .22LR revolvers. Now I can set up the old revolver permanently with the .22WMR cylinder and use the new revolver exclusively for .22LR.

I do believe I'll pick up one of the Kel-Tec PMR30 pistols just for fun.
    Hurley's Gold

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    When you fire 22lr in a 22mag the case will split. The 22mag chamber is not only longer but it is also bigger in diameter.

Beat me to it. I thought I remembered as a kid shooting 22LR in my Dad’s single six with the 22 mag cylinder (he lost the 22 LR cylinder) but that was a no-go when I tried it in my current one.

Anybody have or ever shoot one of these?
    https://www.keltecweapons.com/pistols/pmr-30

Yep. Have one and really enjoy it. I guess I have one of the per sé Gen 2 models as I have at least 1k rounds through it with zero failures and I’ve not cleaned it yet. I’m purposefully trying to find it’s failure point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I think I'm going to buy a PMR30 because of the positive words from this thread. Going to pick it up from Rifle Gear in Plano for $429. I'd love a grey one but I'm not willing to pay the $70 premium over black for it. Any must-have accessories for it? Its just going to be a plinker and if I like it enough a nightstand gun.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    check out the the CMR30 also.. the carbine. With both of those & 1000-2000rnds of 22mag make an awesome bugout combo....not very much weight to carry

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I saw that CMR30 and love that the share the same magazines and ammo. The real downer for both is the internet seems to say avoid using a supressor because it causes reliability issues for both.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Have shot several PMR30's that I have sold....my only complaint is my large fat hand constantly depresses the mag catch and the magazine disengages while shooting. 40 gr. - 50 gr. ammo works best....

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    that was my only hesitation when holding the gun in the store. I have large palms but normal fingers. It felt okay in the hand, but just strange because of the long and slender grip. I tried to "inadvertently" have a poor grip to actuate the mag catch, and I couldn't really do it without a really poor and borderline unsafe grip.

I don't mind doing just a bit of polishing and tweaking to get it working on more ammos, I cannot stand guns that only run one specific ammo, particularly when its a more expensive ammo. Otherwise Its not a gun I enjoy owning. I can't seem to find too many unhappy review of the PMR, only downsides is no supressor option (though maybe some spring swaps could make it work?) and it usually prefers heavier ammo.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I like my Taurus 9 shot .22lr/ .22mag pistol. I brought 3 .22 pistols to the meet and it shot the best that day.

I was more accurate with the mag cylinder than the .22lr and could really tell the difference shooting steel targets.

Now I gotta buy some more ammo......

brushtrooper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    CORPUS CHRISTI,TX
    I have an older Savage bolt action 22 mag, that little rifle is a tack driver. One of my favorites to shoot by far. Night and day difference from a LR to a Mag. I do not think you will regret it.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Think I like this one;
    NEF Sportster SS 1M22 .22 magnum

Sportster.jpg

Top Bottom