22 rifle pricing and pricing in general

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by GI-John, Jul 29, 2009.

1. GI-John

GI-John Hurry up and wait!! TGT Supporter

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    At the local pawn shop today I saw a full rack f rifles and display case of handguns. Mossbergs, marlins, Rossi, Taurus etc etc.

Im such a noob in the scene that I feel conflicted in situations like this. I know that is likely to fine GREAT DEALS in pawn shops. However my lack of time in the scene limits my pricing experience.

There was a Marlin 882ss (22lr) Synthetic stock with a large scope. It looked in FAIR condition. I asked how much and the lady said $175, but for cash it was negotiable. I totally didnt know what to say. Ive been wanting 22 for the longest but now find myself debating if I should just get a CMMG conversion kit on my AR15. Hmmm

To all you collectors/shooters, how important is it to have a stand alone 22? I think it a must for any collection.

2. Bear8u

Bear8u New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    San Angelo
    I think most collectors/shooters have a .22 because it was the first gun we ever had as a "young shooter". It may be the one we have had or it is one that is the same make and model.
    If you do not have a .22 in your collection then you do not have a complete set (.22, shotgun, rifle) of long guns.
    For cash you should be able to get the 882ss for 125 to 150, my thinking.

3. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I have a GSG5 anniversary edition and I love it, but it wasn't cheap...

4. GI-John

GI-John Hurry up and wait!! TGT Supporter

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX

Thats what I was thinking. Ive also seen an uprise in 22lr sporting going on since the market scare took the fun out of firing other larger calibers. thanks

5. TSU45

TSU45 Active Member

Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    If you barrel twist is anything slower than 1:7 I would go for the conversion kit. Being able to plink all day with your AR for a fraction of the normal costs is great fun. People spend a lot of money to make their 10/22s all tacticool when their ARs already are.