• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Have you thought about a CZ-512 semi-automatic in .22 magnum? They are sweet little guns.

How handy are you? Want a project?

Here is a link to a company that will sell you most of the needed parts to built you own. Bad news it requires some effort to finish the 80% receiver and put it together, good news is you don't have to use a FFL, no serial number (unless you want to sell it), and it's truly a custom build to your own specifications.

https://ruger1022receiver.3dcartstores.com/Kit-22-WMR-MAGNUM-Receiver-Anodized-Black-_p_41.html

I didn't know the 512 came in .22mag; thought it was only .22lr. I'll have to look into that. That 80% receiver sounds like a fun project, too. A little pricey for what it is, tho...
    Venture Surplus ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The 17HMR is a .22 magnum necked down to .17 caliber. The .17 had a real accuracy advantage over the .22 mag but the mag is a proven game getter. I tried like heck to get a .22 mag Marlin to shoot competitively at 200 yards but the HMR will beat it without question. I finally gave up on the .22 mag for 200 yard matches.

Flash

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    The .22 LR is so cheap and plentiful that it's almost a requirement to own at least one. It's great for targets and small game.

Once you step up to the magnums, the cost begins going up, and it's never going to give you the increase in performance that corresponds to the increase in cost. It's also great for targets and small game, but it doesn't extend beyond that. Does that mean you should avoid it? No. If you want to shoot the WMR, then do it! Just don't expect some great increase in performance over the LR.

If there was an ideal caliber, then everyone would own that and nobody would bother will all those other sizes. Every cartridge has a range of performance in which it does well. Be realistic about your expectations and if you can shoot a particular cartridge and hit where you aim consistently, then be happy with it.
    Pretty much all of this
    .I have nothing bad to say about them except the are loud as f**k in a revolver, lol.
    uber yes
    .22 Mag is a blast, if you want to pay the bucks.

financial yes

.22 mag is a solid round that is well proven. if you want stats and figures well... thats something that I cant provide but I can tell you that I'm more careful per shot with the mag than I am with the long.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    How about a 5mm?

Dude!

can-o-worms.gif

Top Bottom