• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cheapshot

Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Jun 25, 2010
    texas
    hello y'all. I recently purchased a Springfield M1A Scout Squad but now I have an itch for a solid 223/556 rifle.

I've looked at a few options and I've narrowed them down to either

FDE SCAR 16s
    Or
    Noveske Recon Gen iii rifle (16in)

Looking for some opinions on both platforms.

Thanks
    Hurley's Gold

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I'm by no means an expert on either weapon. I do know Noveske and FN makes nice weapons. everyone I know that has a SCAR likes them. I have had the opportunity to shoot a SCAR and I liked the way it performed. Its on my list of rifles to acquire. I'm just finishing my AR15/10 list first. Don't know if you have a AR. If so I would get the SCAR so you have both. If you have neither I would get the SCAR. You can always acquire all the parts for Noveske over time and piece it together yourself. I just went AR first based on my financial situation and it was easer to save up for parts and piece it together over time. If I had the funds to buy one out right I would get the SCAR first. Just as fun to shoot as an AR. And since its 5.56mm the ammo is cheap. Just my thoughts

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Opinions. I think they are both too expensive.
    Consider a Springfield M&P sport and save the money for an aim point mil spec red dot plus the mount and a dozen mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cheapshot

Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Jun 25, 2010
    texas
    547A18DB-8A84-43E6-8845-0DA00D06FB21.jpeg

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I am a Rock River Arms guy. I have five of varying types. My RRA National Match is the most accurate AR rifle I have ever owned. On a good day I can get 1/2"- 5 shot grouping. RRA is about the only company I know of that lists an accuracy disclaimer for each of their rifles.
    If you are one of those guys that plans to hang ever aftermarket item you can find from your new AR, another brand is probably better suited to your needs. For pure accuracy, I recommend RRA.
    I trained with the M-14 while in basic training at Fort Bliss. Try toting one of those heavy rifles on a fifteen mile march in the New Mexico desert and then tell me how much you love it. They were fun to shoot and accurate out to about 600 yards. No fun to march with in August though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    ...I trained with the M-14 while in basic training at Fort Bliss. Try toting one of those heavy rifles on a fifteen mile march in the New Mexico desert and then tell me how much you love it. They were fun to shoot and accurate out to about 600 yards. No fun to march with in August though.
    They weren't fun to march with in the winter time either.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I trained with the M-14 while in basic training at Fort Bliss. Try toting one of those heavy rifles on a fifteen mile march in the New Mexico desert and then tell me how much you love it. They were fun to shoot and accurate out to about 600 yards. No fun to march with in August though.
    Did boot with a 14 at Jackson during an August and echo most of the above. Only qualified Sharpshooter with it, maybe due to the sweat in my eyes. When I got my 16 I qualified Expert with it. Go figure.

I have a Noveske N4 carbine (hence the screen name, but you all probably figured that out) that was made when John was still alive (read high quality). It has been great.

Before I read that the OP bought the SCAR, I was going to post that there is a KAC listed for sale in the classifieds recently. Even though I really like my N4, if I had it to do over again today, of the 3 (SCAR, Noveske or KAC) I would go with the KAC.

Looks like the one in our classified sold:
    https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/cedar-park-austin-kac-sr-15-e3-cqb-mod-2-unfired.83312/

And for those looking to invest in a 7.62 AR, the KAC SR25 is arguably the best on the market, but you will pay for it.

Last edited:

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Did boot with a 14 at Jackson during an August and echo most of the above. Only qualified Sharpshooter with it, maybe due to the sweat in my eyes. When I got my 16 I qualified Expert with it. Go figure.

I have a Noveske N4 carbine (hence the screen name, but you all probably figured that out) that was made when John was still alive (read high quality). It has been great.

Before I read that the OP bought the SCAR, I was going to post that there is a KAC listed for sale in the classifieds recently. Even though I really like my N4, if I had it to do over again today, of the 3 (SCAR, Noveske or KAC) I would go with the KAC.

Looks like the one in our classified sold:
    https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/cedar-park-austin-kac-sr-15-e3-cqb-mod-2-unfired.83312/

And for those looking to invest in a 7.62 AR, the KAC SR25 is arguably the best on the market, but you will pay for it.
    Not an AR guy here (the Marines broke me of any desire for one) but from what I have gathered on other gun forums the AR10 rifles (to include the SR25) have had issues in the real world of combat.

Top Bottom