• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdmarshall

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Magnolia TX
    What can is the better of the two between Sparrow and Spectre II? My first thought is to go with the Spectre.

This is will be for a 22 pistol.
    Military Camp

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    Both are user serviceable, with the Spectre being 0.9" longer and 0.3 oz heavier. The sound reduction is rated similarly between the two. The Spectre is has a lower MSRP, and having disassembled both I'd go with the Spectre as I would think the disassembly would be easier when the lead buildup becomes heavy.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    I have Huntertown Guardian 22 suppressors for my .22's; they are $179.00, user serviceable and warrantied for life against everything but stupid.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Both are user serviceable, with the Spectre being 0.9" longer and 0.3 oz heavier. The sound reduction is rated similarly between the two. The Spectre is has a lower MSRP, and having disassembled both I'd go with the Spectre as I would think the disassembly would be easier when the lead buildup becomes heavy.

Very good answer. I just received both of these suppressors after a lengthy ATF wait. Shot them for the first time this weekend. Have been around other TGT members who have these cans. I also spent considerable time reading online- the consensus seemed to be the Spectre II is quieter on the first round, but the Sparrow would catch up or exceed the Spectre II on later rounds. I couldn't tell a huge difference personally. I haven't broke them down yet, so I can't comment there.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    OP, I just realized you're in Magnolia. Let me know if you'd like to shoot them both sometime. We can meet up at Shooters Station or somewhere. You cover range fees, I'll bring the cans and a host.

Vernix

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Once was Mexico.
    I'd go with the Spectre as I would think the disassembly would be easier when the lead buildup becomes heavy.

Gosh, what could be simpler to disassembly than the Sparrow?
    Slide off the tube and the 2 halves just fall apart.
    The Spectre requires pushing out the baffles like my AAC Element which is a bit of work.

Ultimately it's brand preference appearance and cost I suppose.

Sound, side-by-side, is so similar i think.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I am a sparrow guy, but the spectre I is a great suppressor. I want to hear the Spectre II in person some time.

Shooter74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    I have shot both. I like the sparrow on a pistol and the spectre II on a rifle. Can't go wrong with either one I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdmarshall

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Magnolia TX
    Thanks for the comments fellas. Just need to get a few questions cleared about managing the property notations in my trust and I think the Spectre will be one of my selections.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Theyre both awesome, so I bought one of each as well as the warlock. If you don't plan to shoot anything besides 22lr check out the warlock. Its really light, and much better for pistol work. The sparrow does get a little temperamental after a lot of rounds(1K+) so I wouldn't recommend going over that. The spectre is a little tougher to get apart after the same number of rounds. Theyre all great cans and youll be happy with them.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I went with the YHM Stinger. I'd have no qualms about getting either of the two cans the OP mentioned, but my preference is for the Stinger. Lighter, shorter, and less cashesh than either of the other two.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom