• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I'm looking for an affordable .22long conversion for my Colt 1911. My daughter is really intimidated by my .45 right now and I want to get her accustomed to the feel and to learn proper form. Is there anything less than $250 or is this the bare minimum?
    Target Sports

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ciener also makes a kit that is about the cheapest I've found. It's $199 with fixed sights and $249 with adjustable target sights. Whatever you do though, DO NOT GO TO THEIR WEBSITE!. I did earlier this morning and got a virus that crashed my computer (luckily I have more than one). I'm going to post this on M1911.org and I'll see if I can find contact info for Ciener there instead. I'll let you know what I find.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Just for clarification;
    .22 Long (about 29 gr bullet) is not the same as .22 Long Rifle (about 40 gr bullet), all tho they are interchangeable.

This is my personal hang-up...Correct terminology...:(

Sorry, back to topic....

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    How old is your girl.Mine is 11 and can shoot the 45 with no problems.I started her off with the Kimber conversion kit.
    toddpara018.jpg

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    If you do decide to go with the Kimber coversion and you have another brand lower you will prolly have to fit the slide to the frame. I have a Kimber TLE/RLII and a Kimber .22lr conversion kit for. It works great on my Kimber frame but will not work on my father's Springfield frames. You could make it work but you'd have to cut the slide some were the thumb safety goes into the slide...both his frames were way off.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Just for clarification;
    .22 Long (about 29 gr bullet) is not the same as .22 Long Rifle (about 40 gr bullet), all tho they are interchangeable.

This is my personal hang-up...Correct terminology...:(

Sorry, back to topic....

I know, I have the same hang-up with the terms "clip" and "magazine". Call me retentive!;)

I found the Ciener kits available at Midway , though it says they are currently out of stock.

Hey Travis...thanks for the link. I'll keep that one in mind. I don't know why I never looked at Midway before!

Top Bottom