• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I have a grandson who love to shoot. He's 10 and small so a youth model might be best. Right now he's shooting a Ruger American Rimfire that has the 2 stock lengths but it's right handed.

What options are out there??
    Gun Zone Deals

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Or......I've been a lefty for some time now. Shot right-handed weapons all my life. I've done ok. If I'd cut my teeth on a LH, I'd probably trip & fall when required to shoot a RH weapon. My Drill Instructor didn't seem to care that I was lefty.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Being left handed my self, imo a right hand bolt gun works better for a lefty to throw the bolt. Your trigger hand doesnt have to come off the reciever to throw the bolt. My 2nd .22lr as a kid was a Sears model 282 bolt action. Being left handed in a right hand word I've had to adapt to everything. Even right handed AR's I prefer as long as the safety is an ambi life is good.
    I have a Ruger American in .17hmr that is right handed & i think works well for a lefty... just my .02

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    As previously posted, get him a Savage.

My first lefty rimfire was an Anschutz 1416LD that I bought on eBay (yes, eBay allowed gun sales!) years ago, but these are expensive now.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    You're welcome. There are plenty of LH Savage rimfires on Gunbroker. Based on past sales, a LH Anschutz will cost you $1000 or more.

lefty14615

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2016
    Central Texas
    I am a lefty as well. CZ makes a great LH 22 and it is classy too. There is the contender option and of course Savage. Savage makes some very good stuff and stand behind as well.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    i shoot rifles left handed, and all my guns are right handed.

I wouldn't seek out a LH rifle unless it was a bullpup, and even then, I'd rather get an optic that plays well with my right eye

desertshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2019
    Houston
    It's interesting to read this. I have skipped bolt-actions for years because although I am right-handed I am left-eye dominant. I might to give RH bolt-actions a try.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I am right handed but have considered getting a LH bolt just so I don't have to release my "shooting grip".
    I have known quite a few LH shooters use a RH rifle to their advantage instead of letting it be a disadvantage.

Adapt and overcome. I have spent a lifetime doing it due to injury at an early age.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am right handed but left eye dominant so shoot lefty.

I actually had a left handed bolt gun and hated it. Learned with right handed guns and the left handed gun was just backwards.

You just have to watch dragging the bolt over your thumb with normal hunting stocks.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom