• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    we should have Warlock's and Outbacks in stock

With the election things have been tough to keep in inventory but we should have some of both 22 cans available.

The Warlock is a little better than the Outback but both are excellent and i personally own both. If someone were switching between a Warlock and Outback next to you it would be difficult to tell when the cans was swapped but paying close attention you can determine the difference.

HKManiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    Aight, well I contacted you guys last week and referred me to adrienne to get my trust set up.. shes workin on it now she said next week she'll have it done, then im gonna order me an outback II

schmellba99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Houston & San Antonio
    You might want to look at the Tac-16's (I believe that's the right name anyway). Monolithic baffle stack, about half the volume of the gemtech, and quieter to boot as well.

Gemtech's are pretty good, don't get me wrong.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Tac65

Here is a link to the Tac65 which is Tactical Innocations 22lr can.

TAC65 .22LR SUPPRESSOR Excellent Suppression, Easy To Clean by:

Below is the link to Gemtech's Outback

Gemtech Outback

I have never shot the Tac65 but admit the can looks interesting.

Actually the Gemtech appears to have slighly less volume than the Tac65. The Gemtech Outback is 5 inches long by 1 inch in diameter and the Tac 65 is 5.97 inches long by 1 inch in diameter.

Below is a good review of the different 22 cans but you may need to create a free account to see.

Please log in? (from the site http://www.silencerresearch.com )

highlights,
    Tac65 124.8 suppressed

Gemtech Outback 121.4 suppressed

SWR Warlock 116.6 suppressed

Of the 22 cans have shot the SWR Warlock is appeared the quitest but it is very close. I would enjoy an opportunity to try the Tac65 as it looks like a neat can.

smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Quest

I am waiting on my Quest from TI, I figured SS with disassembly for cleaning, what's not to like.

smee78

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Not sure if this is of interest to you, but I got the SWR Spectre which is a multi-caliber can.

22lr, 5.7mm, 17HMR, 22WMR ... SWR - Products

I have 2 pieces in .22lr and 2 pieces in 5.7, so this will be a multi-function can for me.

schmellba99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Houston & San Antonio
    Another can to look at for the .22's is the Checkmate. It has a CNC machined monolithic baffle stack and is extremely quiet.

What I like about it is that there are 3 parts to the silencer total, and it can be disassembled for cleaning without any effort at all.

HKManiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    Sent off my form 4 for a gemtech outback... its been almost 2 months... im very inpatient and this sucks!! I went the Trust route so im waiting to make sure the ATF approves it before i form 4 anything else.. next on the list is a evo9 and a SWR HEMS .45!

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    New Tactical Solutions 22 cans

We have one each of the Tactical Solutions cans that we will have at the Reliant Gun Show tomorrow. One is an all Titanium, another you can dissassemble, and the third is just a plain sealed can.

If anyone has some info specific to these cans let me know as I have yet to shoot any of them.

We still have Warlocks, Outbacks and Spectres available and are not dropping any product lines.

HKManiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    YAAY!! Just called NFA today and my form 4 was approved today!! This is my first NFA purchase with many to come!

Next up, trident 9 and a swr hems 2... ducksps you got those? :)

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    yes and close

We have some HEMS cans by SWR in the safe. No Tridents as of Friday but we do have Multimounts. I have a a Gemtech Multimount personally and am unable to tell a difference against the Trident.

I was originally gonna buy the Trident but as inventory arrived I took what was available and have never looked back. Either way we should have some Tridents getting transferred on a form three in the next couple weeks. We try to keep them in stock.

HKManiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    The hems is for my usp.. thats a for sure im gonna get...

I own a CZ 9mm, but im not sure if thats what im going to supress... I need opinions as far as a good 9mm that will cycle with subsonics, and a supressor that will go well with it... Ive heard both the gemtech and the trident, they sound the same.

Im thinking of maybe a 9mm glock or a 92fs. Which supressor for those guns?

Also, what do you think about the YHM cobra 9mm? I like that you can take it apart, can you take apart the trident or gemtech?

Sorry lots of questions there! lol

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    cans

Both the Trident and Gemtech allow the use of multiple mounts including a LID (booster) for those hard to cycle pistols. Either can should work so long as you can find a threaded barrel if you choose something rare.

Rob, at the shop, runs a Yankee Hill and likes it a bunch. I'm not sure of the specs or options. Neither the Trident or Multimount can be taken apart and I am not sure about the Yankee Hill.

Top Bottom