• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Looking to get my first suppressor setup and looking to find a decent 22LR pistol that's suppressor ready. Open to suggestions.
    DK Firearms

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I’ve got the Ruger SR22. It can be had with std barrel or threaded barrel. I ended up with std version then buying the threaded barrel for it at a later time. I like it. The Ruger Mark IV seems to get good reviews too. SR22 is good if you want to holster it due to the smaller size. Mark IV probably better for targets. There are others out there as well, but these are the two I’m familiar with

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    For real fun the ruger mark4 22/45 is hard to beat. I like the 1911 grip angle, and great Accuracy. I shoot an integrally suppressed mark3 22/45 and it's one of my favorites. Later when you get the upgrade bug you can look at volquartsen. They have some great replacement parts or complete guns for those that need to part with their money quickly.
    Accuracy is great, and the availability of parts and accessories is also good. If you are on a budget mark 2's and 3's can be purchased cheap used and spend 5 minutes learning how to put them back together on utube. When I got my mark3 22/45, I tore it down and put it back together 6-8 times in a row. Now I don't have to think about how to do it. It's muscle memory.
    e1fb590a6c64ec652693a7b093833f48.jpg

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I have the Ruger 22/45 Lite, comes with a threaded barrel and it is an excellent host for my Dead Air Mask. Extremely fun.
    One I haven't shot, but heard decent reviews, is the KelTec CP33 which comes with a threaded barrel as well. Both are in stock at Ray's Sporting Goods.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    hreaded barrel. I ended up with std version then buying the threaded barrel for it at a later time. I like it. The Ruger Mark IV seems to get good reviews too. SR22 is good if you want to holster it due to the smaller size. Mark IV probably better for targets. There are others out there as well, but these are th
    I used to have an SR22 - doesn't it have some issues?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I used to have an SR22 - doesn't it have some issues?
    Mine doesn’t. I do remember researching them before I got mine, and there were some problems with the early models, but I haven’t noticed any here. It’s about 4 years old I think..

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    If you are into 1911’s the GSG line (also makes the sig 1911-22) can be had with a threaded barrel and weigh similar to a normal 1911. They work well with a can.

The Ruger MK series are good suppressor hosts as mentioned earlier. For overall best action/trigger the MKII’s are probably the best. The MKIII’s and MKIV’s are not bad especially after you remove the magazine safety. MKIII’s have that loaded chamber indicator most people remove and put a cover in place.

MKIV’s break down easiest for cleaning. The others are easy to learn as others have said.

My MKII is not suppressor ready and I won’t thread the 10” bull barrel. My two MKIII’s and one MKIV are threaded. The other MKIV is not threaded.

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    I have a gsg 1911, It was nice to share holsters with my 45s, but it's novelty wore off pretty quick as the accuracy can't come close to the rugers.

There are many other gun choices out there. I love my smith 22s, but I didnt include it as I had to have the barrel threaded, I've never seen one threaded from the factory.

I do love my threaded 22s. I have more than average. You can not beat them for training, and just pure fun per $.

But again trying to limit this to your request. Factory threaded 22 pistol.

I would also vote no on the GSG mp5k 22 pistol. I have one of them, they are heavy, and mine cycles a bit slow. Fun for a little while, then the novely wore off.

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    Another gun on the pass table is the Walther p22. The sleeved barrel is a POS. Once you add the adapter for a can the barrels accuracy goes down hill. I have 1, have 2 friends with them. I'd never trust the gun in accuracy or reliability. It's too frustrating to shoot. I hasn't left the stable in ages.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Another gun on the pass table is the Walther p22. The sleeved barrel is a POS. Once you add the adapter for a can the barrels accuracy goes down hill. I have 1, have 2 friends with them. I'd never trust the gun in accuracy or reliability. It's too frustrating to shoot. I hasn't left the stable in ages.
    Dammit. Hate to hear that. I try not to long own a sub-par gun. Once I’m pissed off, I typically help them find another home.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I've seen good things online regarding Browning Buck Marks as well, but don't know anyone that has one.

I'm leaning towards trying to find something that can have an optic on the top...

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I've seen good things online regarding Browning Buck Marks as well, but don't know anyone that has one.

I'm leaning towards trying to find something that can have an optic on the top...
    As of this week I now have a threaded barrel buckmark. No can for it, so unsure how it runs with one. I've had a standard camper model buckmark for several years and it is a great gun. Definitely up for consideration.

Top Bottom