• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    The Nylon 66 had the worst trigger of all .22lr rifles of that era.
    I never saw one, but my neighbor had one of those Brownings that broke down and loaded through the stock and it was an awesome rifle. I wish I had bought one when they were like that. That was before lawyers screwed the world up.
    Gun Zone Deals

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I never saw one, but my neighbor had one of those Brownings that broke down and loaded through the stock and it was an awesome rifle. I wish I had bought one when they were like that. That was before lawyers screwed the world up.

Yes, the Nylon 66 trigger had an extra long pull and what feels like a 22lb trigger pull. My older Remington was so much better.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Are you referring to a Browning SA-22? Browning still makes them. They're pretty much the same as they have always been...just made by Miroku in Japan now. They're excellent rifles.
    1605849760456.png

1605850008216.png

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Originally FN had the license to market that in Europe and Remington held the license for the US. They were in either 22 short or 22 LR and did not shoot both.

Here's my 1949 Remington 241; still perhaps my most enjoyable 22 LR.
    medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

I have the Norinco version of this. Fun little shooter. It wasn’t until later that I had learned it was a takedown.

Just watch that ejection port if you have long sleeve on and hold the forearm close to the receiver. It will eject hot brass right down into your sleeve.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Are you referring to a Browning SA-22? Browning still makes them. They're pretty much the same as they have always been...just made by Miroku in Japan now. They're excellent rifles.
    View attachment 234380
    View attachment 234381

My father still has his that he bought in the mid 1960's, that was manufactured in Belgium. Growing up on the farm, that was my favorite rifle for squirrel hunting. We ate lots of squirrel dumplings!

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    He should have used a .223.

When I was a kid, we had a 100-acre place with a 4-acre +/- stock tank that had a turtle problem. My father and I spent a day out there with a scoped M16 (remember the B-Square scope mounts that went atop the carry handle?) and spent an afternoon shooting turtles when they came up for air.
    We did this one day, and only one day.
    We got angry phone calls and letters from my grandfather and his wife, who lived on the property, because we'd managed to kill well over 100 turtles that floated up and STANK. And, unfortunately, the winds oftentimes blew the smell into my grandfather's non-air-conditioned home!
    Fortunately, the turtle control worked, the fish population increased, and we never had to repeat 'the incident.'

Eli

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    We did basically the same thing at my uncles ranch. Except with 22's. Parked on a rise overlooking the tank and started shooting turtles. Two cousins, daughter, wife and myself. We shot in rotation every time a head came up. We went thru over a brick of 22LR and had a great time. A few days later my aunt called and told me they were concerned as there was a massive circle of buzzards over the south tank. They thought they had lost a cow and checked. The banks were lined with dead turtles and more floating up. It was a buzzard feast. My aunt and uncle thought it was hilarious. But then again the south take was over a mile from the house. I would imagine it did smell a bit.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Once or twice a year we have a turtle culling day on all the ponds at the ranch. The only thing that's more fun is shooting the snakes trying to cross the ponds while we're shooting the turtle's.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    When I was a kid, we had a 100-acre place with a 4-acre +/- stock tank that had a turtle problem. My father and I spent a day out there with a scoped M16 (remember the B-Square scope mounts that went atop the carry handle?) and spent an afternoon shooting turtles when they came up for air.
    We did this one day, and only one day.
    We got angry phone calls and letters from my grandfather and his wife, who lived on the property, because we'd managed to kill well over 100 turtles that floated up and STANK. And, unfortunately, the winds oftentimes blew the smell into my grandfather's non-air-conditioned home!
    Fortunately, the turtle control worked, the fish population increased, and we never had to repeat 'the incident.'

Eli
    & I'll bet that ammo cost $3.75/box

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    On the rare occasions we got there, Papaw would get a couple bricks at the wharehouse he worked at for almost nothing. The bayou was a short walk and full of turtles.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom