• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The article does not tell us where the perv's previous convictions were but I can bet it was in the Houston or Dallas areas where the DAs are Soros bait. I can't believe he would have ever skated before in Smith County where this sentence was doled out.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The article does not tell us where the perv's previous convictions were but I can bet it was in the Houston or Dallas areas where the DAs are Soros bait. I can't believe he would have ever skated before in Smith County where this sentence was doled out.
    Smith county has had more than their fair share of corruption for decades with LE and the DA's.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    There is reportedly only one sure cure for recidivism on this crime.
    If you looked at the statistics for recidivism of crimes committed against children of a sexual manner, I fully believe that the perpetrators can't be rehabilitated and should be put down the same way a rabid dog is put down.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    If you looked at the statistics for recidivism of crimes committed against children of a sexual manner, I fully believe that the perpetrators can't be rehabilitated and should be put down the same way a rabid dog is put down.
    Using a dull knife....making a lampshade out of the CREEPS?

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Don't jail them for life, then I have to pay to house/feed/care for them for the rest of their lives

screw that

Just hang them and donate the body to a medical school so kids can practice surgery.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Don't jail them for life, then I have to pay to house/feed/care for them for the rest of their lives

screw that

Just hang them and donate the body to a medical school so kids can practice surgery.
    I have long held the belief that giving life sentences, and especially multiple life sentences with out the possibility of parole to be in violation of the 8th Amendment, imposing "cruel and unusual punishments" to a convicted person.

In essence we are just "warehousing" them until they die of natural causes. I also see it as burden on the community and society as well.

I expressed the same opinion some years ago on another forum, and several told me that it costs more money to execute someone than it does to house, feed and clothe them in prison for their lifetime. I have asked for clarification on that on several occasions during such discussions, but no one had ever given me any answers that made sense to the questions I asked.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I believe that the argument is that getting to an execution traditionally requires paying lawyers and expending court and other public resources to get through the lengthy appeals process. Those expenditures are massive. When you tally up all the numbers, it might be cheaper to just house the convicted for the rest of their life.

Not sure. Haven't studied it. But I think that's a reasonable guess.

Top Bottom