• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sc020643

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    pearland
    hey guys. i found a sendero in 25-06 for $800 at my local pawnshop. i looking for a varmint/hunting rifle. i was wondering what your thoughts were as to whether it is a good deal or not.
    Gun Zone Deals

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    $800 sounds a little high to me. But like I said I'm not familiar with "sendero" so I could be wrong and completely blind to what might be a very pricey custom gun.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Love my 25-06, probably my favorite bolt action I own........have no idea about the value of the one you found though, sorry.
    I am sure somebody else will......

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sendero is a HS-Precision stocked stainless Remington 700 with the adj. trigger and jeweled action. It's a great rifle, and is well worth $800 if it's not too high in the round count, especially with glass!

.25-06 is a perfect Texas caliber, the average grain weight is 100 - 130 with 117 being the standard I believe. It's got good accuracy, pretty flat trajectory, and soft recoil, especially in a heavy rifle like the Sendero.

I say go for it!

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    For a black one $800 isnt bad, but its not great, just average. I would go in about $7-750 and see if he bites. The stainless fluted model goes for around $900 or so. Of course, those numbers are without any scope. It seems that Remington didnt make as many 25-06 in either sendero as they built more 7 and 300 mags. They are very good rifles, the HS precision has aluminum bedding blocks and the barrel is floated. I have one in 7mm Rem Mag that I had rechambered to 7 STW and I love it. Just one last word, they are not light. If you were wanting a rifle to carry around all day, this is not the one for you. But walking to a stand or something like that would be great.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    It seems from what I've read else where and on here that 800 is a decent price. I like the 25 06 as well. It's hard to find a rifle chambered for it but it's a good round. Good luck.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I had some guy yesterday telling me that I was crazy to think that a 25-06 would be acceptable on mule deer and white tails at 300 yrds. I said WTF are you talking about it's perfectly fine out to 500 in the right hands and 300 - 400 in average hands. Has anyone else heard these things. This guy shoots 300 win mags because of "knock down power". Am I wrong in thinking that a 25-06 is good on Texas deer out to 300? Because I think with the 2 I've seen killed at 200- 250 (or so) and one that registered in the Nikon range finder right at 312 and a few pigs and deer both at 100 or so is pretty conclusive to me. The only one that took any steps at all was the pig he went about 10 feet.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I had some guy yesterday telling me that I was crazy to think that a 25-06 would be acceptable on mule deer and white tails at 300 yrds. I said WTF are you talking about it's perfectly fine out to 500 in the right hands and 300 - 400 in average hands. Has anyone else heard these things. This guy shoots 300 win mags because of "knock down power". Am I wrong in thinking that a 25-06 is good on Texas deer out to 300? Because I think with the 2 I've seen killed at 200- 250 (or so) and one that registered in the Nikon range finder right at 312 and a few pigs and deer both at 100 or so is pretty conclusive to me. The only one that took any steps at all was the pig he went about 10 feet.

That's when you just nod knowingly......

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That's when you just nod knowingly......
    Yeah I just half agreed to disagree and we left. Some people really believe that the point in magnum calibers is to blow critters up on impact leaving nothing but a set of antlers to mount but it doesn't work that way and they don't get it.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I think I might have shot one once. But I'm not sure. I want one in the worst way but I have to wait until the wife gives me the go ahead to buy one. LOL!

Red Cloud

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Fort Worth, Texas
    IMO, One of the best calibers for hunting anything in Texas, including elk on some of the game ranches. ( Exception for Nilgi.) The Sendero is a fine rifle but $800 does seem a bit high to me unless it is carrying a decent quality scope.

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    The 25-06 will kill anything that the 308 will and do it farther, the 25 caliber 120gr nosler partition bullet will kill Elk, I would not want to use it on big bears but anything smaller would be fine. It is a lot easer to put the bullet in the right place with it than the magnums, thet kick hard enough that most people can't shoot them well.

Top Bottom