• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    The updated list from the year 2008 of the 25 most dangerous and the 25 safest cities is in.

Safest and Most Dangerous U.S. Cities, 2008 — Infoplease.com

I am really surprised that San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas, are not on the most dangerous list. The situation is really bad when there are at least 25 cities worse than those hell holes in America!

You continue to amaze with your, uh, well, "perspective". Do you even live in or near Texas or is it Oz?

Ed4032

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    You continue to amaze with your, uh, well, "perspective". Do you even live in or near Texas or is it Oz?

What exactly do you think that the reason is that every single jail or prison (and unfortunately we have to have a Hell of a lot of them, I would much rather seeing those Tax Dollars going to Schools and Hospitals, but that is simply not possible due to the danger of the situation) is on EARLY RELEASE?

Maybe you need some help pulling you head out of your Oz!

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    City Crime Rankings by Population Group

I knew El Paso was a safe city. We have it pretty good over here.

I guess folks can get used to anything.

El Paso is the first place that I have ever seen where the brass plaques are stolen right off the Historical Markers.

In some places the bandits will steal anything that is not nailed down.

In El Paso they steal the nails!

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Hey Five of the Safest are in Texas.

When I was a kid, I think that Houston would have made the list for being one of the safest cities in America, if they even bothered with such statistics back then.

Today being in the wrong neighborhood in Houston can get you killed!

I am saddened and disgusted at the change in Houston during the course of my lifetime!

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I'm surprised Oakland beat out North Charleston, and Atlanta in that list. I spent part of my childhood in Oakland and would rather live there than Atlanta.

ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    El Paso has its "good" and "bad" neighborhoods, as all cities do, Old Man.

a lot of my neighbors don't usually lock their doors; I have kept a table saw in my car port, visible from the street, for four years without incident.

I live only two miles from the center of the "Devil's Triangle", a high-crime area that it's better to stay out of.

Juarez, Mexico is adjacent to El Paso, tenuously separated by the Rio Grande, and is one of the most violent cities in all of Mexico. So far, that violence hasn't spilled over into El Paso.

Have you ever visited El Paso, Old Man?:p

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Whoo Hoo! Round Rock gets high marks on any list. We are in the most conservative County (Williamson) in Texas. 40 years for possession of one rock of crack is not unheard of.
    On the flip side, The PD has some of the most repressive officers I have ever seen. I trained a few of them and they are OK, but I have issues with some of the others.

You take the good with the bad I guess.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I guess folks can get used to anything.

El Paso is the first place that I have ever seen where the brass plaques are stolen right off the Historical Markers.

In some places the bandits will steal anything that is not nailed down.

In El Paso they steal the nails!

I have not had anything stolen in El Paso...ever. I don't know anyone (from El Paso) personally that has ever had anything stolen.

When I was in Lubbock at Texas Tech I had some stuff taken from my car.

What ever your smoking "Old Man" you need to lay off a bit...;)

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    El Paso has its "good" and "bad" neighborhoods, as all cities do, Old Man.

a lot of my neighbors don't usually lock their doors; I have kept a table saw in my car port, visible from the street, for four years without incident.

I live only two miles from the center of the "Devil's Triangle", a high-crime area that it's better to stay out of.

Juarez, Mexico is adjacent to El Paso, tenuously separated by the Rio Grande, and is one of the most violent cities in all of Mexico. So far, that violence hasn't spilled over into El Paso.

Have you ever visited El Paso, Old Man?:p

The violence of Mexico has not spilled into El Paso?

Are you sure you are in El Paso, Texas?

Why do they keep finding all those bodies in the desert? Especially bodies of young women from El Paso?

I consider what is happening there to be very violent, and I bet those young girls would so say, if they could!

School children murdered during school, also sounds violent to me!

For some reason, some folks are very accepting of what is going on around them, as long as it is not happening to them.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    The violence of Mexico has not spilled into El Paso?

Are you sure you are in El Paso, Texas?

Why do they keep finding all those bodies in the desert? Especially bodies of young women from El Paso?

I consider what is happening there to be very violent, and I bet those young girls would so say, if they could!

School children murdered during school, also sounds violent to me!

For some reason, some folks are very accepting of what is going on around them, as long as it is not happening to them.
    No I don't live in El Paso...I just like pretending I do...

No the violence happening in Mexico Stays in Mexico.

Where do you hear these things?

Women killed in Juarez are "Maquila" (Which means Factory) workers who get abducted then raped and killed.

And the few women that may in fact be citizens of El Paso TX are women who were in Juarez in the first place. Women are not being taken from El Paso into Juarez Mexico.

School children murdered during school????...could you post a link?

And I don't accept anything "going on" that does not happen...

I am curious as to your sources of these outlandish claims because they are very humorous to me seeing as you do not live in El Paso and are making claims that violence is rampant. Which I assure you good sir is not true.

In short...your perception of what is life in El Paso is quite comical and you seriously need to "not believe everything you hear and only half of what you read"...

You are seriously hilarious sir.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    None of this is probably directly important to you, but it was to my Wife, who grew up in El Paso. Stayed there long enough to finish College, get her Teachers Certificate, and spend her first five years as a School Teacher there in El Paso.

Of course things are much worse now than they were then. That might be due to the drug smugglers, burglary rings, prostitution rings, and whatever charming individuals that moved into town with those traditional “industries”.

Back when it used to be a lot better than what it is in that town now, one of my Wife’s girlfriends was murdered, one of here students was murdered right in front of her in the school hallway, a lot of her girl friends got raped (not date rape, brutal violent rape, some were home invasions) friends and neighbors were robbed, burglarized, had cars stolen, cars broken into, run over by drugged out drivers, and probably some more stuff I never even heard about.

But that was back when things were better, and El Paso is much worse now.

Most of the people that she knows from El Paso have all left El Paso because things are worse.

But of course, if none of that has happened directly to you, then I guess it is not really important.

I was beginning to get a bit aggravated that this nice quiet small town that we moved into here in north Texas is not quiet any more.

Since we have lived here, about a dozen folks have been murdered within a few miles of our home, but I guess maybe I have been looking at that the wrong way around.

None of them were family members, they were neighbors, but I didn’t know any of them; I guess it really isn’t a big deal.

The fact that three of the known murderers have never been apprehended will not bother me, as long as I am not their next victim. With any luck they have returned to Mexico, or maybe they just went as far as El Paso. Who cares anyway?

And when I said that El Paso was the only place in Texas where I have seen historic marker plaques stolen, I was serious. You might be used to that sort of thing, but to me it just shows the deplorable condition of a dying town.

El Paso is already beginning to resemble Detroit.

Good luck.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom