• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCGlocker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    El Paso, TX
    I see people selling handguns on the forums and advertise they will ship the firearm to buyer’s local FFL for $25 all the time. How do they do this?

UPS and Fed Ex want to overnight for around $75 to the buyer’s FFL. My local FFL wants $50 for the FFL transfer and shipping (not sure why his shipping cost is cheaper than what I was quoted). In either event, the cost is much greater than $25. Do these sellers just pay for the difference?
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    FFLs don't have to ship overnight like us ordinary folks do. Plus, I am pretty sure businesses get better rates than individuals...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I see people selling handguns on the forums and advertise they will ship the firearm to buyer’s local FFL for $25 all the time. How do they do this?

UPS and Fed Ex want to overnight for around $75 to the buyer’s FFL. My local FFL wants $50 for the FFL transfer and shipping (not sure why his shipping cost is cheaper than what I was quoted). In either event, the cost is much greater than $25. Do these sellers just pay for the difference?

Those people are either building it in to their selling price, have no idea how much Next Day is going to cost them or they have an FFL that will ship it for them for that much. An FFL using Priority Mail can ship a handgun, maybe even two, in a large flat rate box for no more the $18. And that is the published rate, As Max mentioned, business get a discounted rate from that.

Also, their is one more option, that the sellers are just packaging it in any box and shipping it UPS Ground without declaring it at all just so they can get a cheap rate. I know someone who would do this all the time and though I argued with him and told him it would bite him in the ass one day, he just never seemed to care. He was all about how much it was costing him and that was it.

Top Bottom