• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Im just not happy with my 10/22. Its the only one I ever had optics on and I hate it! I have always shot .22's open sights. Its a good gun, but I like my model 60 better.

What do you hate about it?? Is it one of the new ones with the composite trigger group and painted barrels or one of the older all metal/blued barrel ones? The new ones are not nearly as good out of the box as the older ones but the accuracy of the older ones were easily on par with the Marlin, and with a few free DIY improvements, the 10-22 carbine will out perform the Marlin. I like the Marlin 60, it is an outstanding rifle but how much it can be improved is limited. I had one for years and it was a fine shooter, but I let it go and kept the Ruger because the 10-22 was easier to maintain and modify.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    What do you hate about it?? Is it one of the new ones with the composite trigger group and painted barrels or one of the older all metal/blued barrel ones? The new ones are not nearly as good out of the box as the older ones but the accuracy of the older ones were easily on par with the Marlin, and with a few free DIY improvements, the 10-22 carbine will out perform the Marlin. I like the Marlin 60, it is an outstanding rifle but how much it can be improved is limited. I had one for years and it was a fine shooter, but I let it go and kept the Ruger because the 10-22 was easier to maintain and modify.

Actually its a nice gun, has a bull barrel and came with some ugly lookin composite stock. I put a nice wooden stock on it. Im not sayin the 10/22's are no good. I just like open sights better. My 10/22 doesnt have anything but a rail on it so I have to use a scope. I put a fairly nice red dot on it the other day and found that to be a little better for what I do.
    Honestly, I like shooting my old marlins more. The 10/22 doesnt feel right when I pick it up. I have been shooting the model 60's so long its kinda like they have grown to me.

Top Bottom