• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Today while out running around we went to Bass Pro at Grapevine Mills. It was nice to tool around and pick up a few things. But I nearly fainted at the cost of Snaps Caps...which I needed and didn't get because of the cost!

They were $27.99 for a 6pk of .45acp snap caps. When did they get so expensive?!?!

I remember buying packs in '04 for $10!
    Texas SOT

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We're they mismarked? That sounds like an ammo price rather than the caps. They should be no more than $15.

I suppose it could be possible, maybe they had the new guy pricing that morning Pretty much the entire rack was listed between $18-$28 (the more popular the caliber, the higher the price).

The 9mm caps were $25

As for the ammo section, they were clear out of 45 and 9. One truck was 3 days late arriving and the other is due in tomorrow. They did have plenty of .40 and .22 and rifle ammo on hand.

Nothing too awe inspiring at the gun counter.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Make your own. Take a fired case, pop the primer out. Fit and glue in a pencil eraser in the primer pocket. Put a bullet on top and you are set.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Make your own. Take a fired case, pop the primer out. Fit and glue in a pencil eraser in the primer pocket. Put a bullet on top and you are set.

It did occur to me to do that; I have a little bit of brass I've been collecting as I go. I may just do that Thanks!

What is the best way to remove the primer cap? And install a bullet? Can you tell I know nothing about rebuilding a bullet

ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can tell you're not a reloader, too!

You can punch the primer out with a small pin punch, inserted through the case mouth. Be sure to provide some empty space below the primer, for it to move into.

Bullet installation will be a bit more tricky. I'd recommend that you find a local reloader who will do the whole thing for you without compensation, but buy him/her a beer to show your gratitude.

PM me if you can't find a local reloader.;)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I don't live too far form there, and was actually at GV Mills mall this morning, then dragged to a few shops by my wife and daughter making it an afternoon exit. I really hate that friggen place! Kiosk vendors think they're in a Mexican bizarre or maybe it's Bagdad.

Anyhow, everything around there I refer to as tourist shops. I don't know how prices compare to other BP's but you'll see that most of the people at most all the stores in the areas on weekends are staying at one of the hotels and are in from out of town. I stay away unless BP has something on sale for a decent price then I go during the week.

Nothing against the folks in for some shopping, but the stores and even the resturants all seem to cater to the tourist, primarily higher pricing and lower service.

There, a grumpy old man's take.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    At the Conroe gun show a couple of weekends ago, a guy was selling snap caps for $7 apiece! I couldn't believe it. I passed by his table several times and it didn't look like his piles got any smaller.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Nope, definitely not a reloader...(yet)

We're kind of homeless right now so, no setup yet. It has been in consideration, most certainly!

I am not opposed to bartering brew for bullets

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Well, couple ways you can take care of creating your own without a reloading press. Take a pin punch or small nail, Put the casing with primer down over anything that allows you to leave the primer un-supported yet allow you to hit the nail/punch hard enough to force the primer out. Then, fit your eraser end, glue it in place ( i suggest using an apoxy (SP). As you do not have a press, use a bit of dowel, whittle it down to be of approx size to a live round and glue it in place as well. Failing that, Beers for a reloader in your area as previously indicated. Oh, and if you get someone to load a bullet for you, paint it so you dont accidently take it to the range...It will not go bang. LOL (experience talkin)

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Bought a pack (5) of .32ACP on eBay for $11.00, yesterday. Gunbrokers had some as well.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Midway has A-Zoom .45 ACP snap caps for $11.99 for package of 5 (on sale)
    these snap caps are machined aluminum, not cheap plastic
    they work real gooood!!

Top Bottom