• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    The promised podcast (available on all of your favorite platforms) and "video-cast" on YouTube is now online. We will drop another one next Wednesday and another the week after that before taking a break for the holidays.

Want the simple link from your computer? Go here and both the YouTube and Spotify are on there (but Apple, IHeart, Google, Amazon all have it too as well as other platforms)

I want to hear what you liked and didn't like--just don't expect perfection right out of the gate. The audio is better on the podcast because I need new mics-I know, lol. But I want to see if we have a regular audience before I spend any more money, ya know? If you watch the YouTube, I seem to be louder than our guests and so I need either new mics or a mixer board.

What else? And do be sure to tell me what you like and what you want me to talk about!
    Venture Surplus ad

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    It has certainly had alot more views than replies.

Personally, I have never seen a podcast.
    Don't figure I'll be starting either.
    You don't see a podcast, you listen to it but for folks who don't listen to podcasts (there are lots) I put up the video on the same page so you can watch instead. But if it has no appeal either way, I understand.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You don't see a podcast, you listen to it but for folks who don't listen to podcasts (there are lots) I put up the video on the same page so you can watch instead. But if it has no appeal either way, I understand.

I'm one of the few that rarely watch videos, unless it might be under 3-5 minutes, and depending on the subject.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Mics are OK, camera screen rate needs to be higher (unless that is a spotify limit). Good content so far. Keep fighting for the hearing/suppressor issue. Big legal hurdle that needs to be made.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Just two questions (and neither of them is personal):
    1) What topics will I be listening to when I open the link?
    2) How long is the podcast?

I personally like to know what I am clicking on and what for. It has (and logically can have) no reflection on the content of the podcast.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Ya did good, kid. :D

Having a "live" video adds to it quite a bit, in my opinion. Gives it a more personal touch. Minor critique, and it's understood this is just a first step. The echo kinda' took away from the flow of the conversation.

Thumbs up!! Please let us know when the next one will be up.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Just two questions (and neither of them is personal):
    1) What topics will I be listening to when I open the link?
    2) How long is the podcast?

I personally like to know what I am clicking on and what for. It has (and logically can have) no reflection on the content of the podcast.
    1) "The Inaugural Episode! Meet the President of the Texas State Rifle Association, Daryl Valdes. Your host, Andi Turner, is the Legislative Director of the TSRA and TSRA-PAC and they will be chatting it up about some of the more significant bills from last session.
    Family background
    Permitless carry
    Texas Law Shield Guide".
    I think I did a bit about Suppressors in this episode as well.

2) About 24 minutes

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Ya did good, kid. :D

Having a "live" video adds to it quite a bit, in my opinion. Gives it a more personal touch. Minor critique, and it's understood this is just a first step. The echo kinda' took away from the flow of the conversation.

Thumbs up!! Please let us know when the next one will be up.
    Thank you! Yeah the echo, I'm going to try to deal with with new mics as soon as I'm sure we have an audience. I don't want to spend any more money than necessary until I'm sure people are gonna watch or listen, ya know?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It has certainly had alot more views than replies.

Personally, I have never seen a podcast.
    Don't figure I'll be starting either.

A lot of times when I'm out in the woods working I listen to various podcasts on Spotify and IHeart radio.

I'm fixing to check your's out!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thank you! Yeah the echo, I'm going to try to deal with with new mics as soon as I'm sure we have an audience. I don't want to spend any more money than necessary until I'm sure people are gonna watch or listen, ya know?

The echo is caused by the room. I do some audio work in my day job recording scripts. The best audio I get is recorded in a walk-in closet that’s carpeted and fairly full of clothes. All that stuff absorbs the sound reflections.

Big, open spaces reflect sound which is picked up as an the echo.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    The mic was fine, just the hard room echo. A "softer" room like what Todd described above would alleviate most, if not all, of that issue.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Okay, I watched the podcast earlier. For the most part, I agree with the others about the echo. It's little distracting. Overall, it was pretty good. I know you are going to fine-tune it and find you own comfortable groove and such, and it will develop with time and getting comfortable.

Pretty good.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Been looking for a new podcast, can’t wait to check this out!

Edit: Loved it! As a proud member of TSRA, I can’t wait for more episodes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom