• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    2A Capitol Rally 2017 is happening on 11/5/17 ....... Here is a link to the FB Page https://www.facebook.com/2A-Capitol-Rally-1414981381948986/

The Idea is pretty simple, back in 2013, when our gun rights were under attack after the Sandy Hook tragedy, we all got up off our asses and rallied at the Capitol ...... It's time to do it again. A national campaign has started to pull off rallies at every state Capitol and I'm organizing the Texas Rally. What we need are people who care about their rights to show up, plain and simple.

To anyone who can assist with organizing local and state level pro gun organizations or local gun shops or other businesses or even state level politicians, your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Also to anyone with a strong voice willing to speak at the rally, please let me know. The permit situation is being worked on right now with the State Preservation Board so as to be able to use the Capitol grounds and not have to hold the Rally across the street.

The point of this is two fold .....1) With the threat of HR 3999 and several other anti gun Bills hanging over us in Congress and the Senate (some of which are even sponsored by Republicans, we need to stand strong in one unified voice as we did in 2013 and say Shall Not Be infringed ..... 2) To be as educational and inclusive as possible. People of all backgrounds need to understand that the 2A represents everyone, not just Republicans and Conservatives, so we need to all be ready to have good, educational conversations with anyone who might question the 2A and be able to have those conversations civilly.

I will be on an Austin local radio show this afternoon to promote the rally, 1370 AM Come and Talk it with Michael Cargill and I have also received interest to help promote the rallies from Doc Thompson of the Morning Blaze fame on his national morning radio show.

I've been in contact with several pro gun organization in Texas and hope to get everyone on board but as always, the more people are willing to not just show up but to help spread the word and organize, the better this whole thing will go.

Please ask any questions you have and let me know if you can help in any way to get this Rally to run as smooth as possible.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

SnapShot(25).jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    New to Texas but not new to the fight for our 2A Rights. I don't think I have enough local knowledge to assist with organization beyond spreading the word on social media. One of my prime requirements in choosing a place to live in Texas was to be close enough to Austin to show up and fight any sort of legislative foolishness. I will be there and happy to help in any way I can.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    OK, so how did the rally work out? I have seen nothing on here about it. Was it a bust? Did anyone show up? I heard nothing on the local "media", and I was out of town that weekend.

Top Bottom