Join TexasGunTalk

2M BBQ

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by mleroyl, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    That's not what I wanted to hear. I really wanted to make a weekend trip over there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Gone 3 times in the past 12 mo, in fact special trip thru Taylor and not going any more. I'll give any joint a bad day pass and for LM I gave it 3 strikes and tapped out.

Texasgordo likes this.
  3. mleroyl

mleroyl Active Member Lifetime Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    To highjack my own thread... any of you get to Laredo often? Any awesome local BBQ spots or other obligatory “must try” places?

4. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    So, that's five folks eating for just over a hundy. That's not horrible. Whachucomplain'nboutWillis?

5. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Different strokes for different folks. The time in line is money in my business.

2M is nowhere near me. For a workday (when it’s closer), 50 mins there and back is close to a Benjamin just to get there. Then, for every six minutes in line, it’s a $10 I’m out.

6. mleroyl

mleroyl Active Member Lifetime Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    $12 for a nice big sliced beef, pulled pork and sausage sandwich was not bad at all - and certainly the way to get a deal on the equivalent of a “sampler plate”... without spending $25 - $30.

The a la carte/ per lb pricing gets pretty painful, pretty fast....

7. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    We drove by it yesterday, but as we were on our way home from Alamo Springs Cafe (highly recommended burgers!), no one was in the mood to eat. Looked interesting though, but I am still concerned as to how expensive it is. This Texas Monthly article isn't showing the greatest of portions for $20/lb...

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/black-board-bar-b-q-2018/

And their reviews on Yelp are kinda mixed...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/black-board-bar-b-q-no-title

Seeing how Boerne's Texas Meat Company most likely went under due to their inflated prices, it will be interesting to see how a place in Sisterdale will fare with the same concerns.

Baker Brothers BBQ in Gonzales has set a new standard by which I will measure BBQ in Texas. It will be tough for anyone to beat their offerings and prices, but I am willing to check out any place that is up to the challenge!

toddnjoyce likes this.
  8. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 Well-Known

Nov 7, 2015
    I guess I'm something of a food cheapskate.

No way in hell will I pay that for BBQ.

9. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Alamo Springs, WOW now there is a burger, great eating, decent prices and the folks who own it will be millionaires if not already. That said its not for everybody. This is a for real Texas burger joint. Unless they have a new cook the old one smoked as he cooked with a can for an ashtray on the cold spot on the grill. I grew up in Texas eating at joints like that and my exp is that is where you get GREAT food, GREAT prices!

Was not just inflated prices at Texas Meat Company: Food was never the same, services erratic, it was folks trying to run a eatery that really lacked the exp to do so and never seemed to learn from their mistakes, they have had several attempts and all but one has folded.

The BBQ joint in Sisterdale failed due to price/qty of food...don't go hungry or you will go hungry, if you were going there for lunch you needed to pack a lunch...

majormadmax likes this.
  10. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Wow! You drove out here just to eat at Baker Boys? It's my local spot and they're usually pretty good. I can't remember ever getting a bad plate of bbq there.

If anyone is around the Eagle Lake area Austin's BBQ is always great. There's no seating but that never stopped me from enjoying it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.