• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taylor C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2016
    In Government code 411.172 a person is eligible for alicense to carry a handgun if that person is 21 years of age and isqualified under federal and state law to purchase a handgun. However, I haverecently looked through the proposed senate and house bills that are to bereviewed at the next Texas legislative session in January. I found a bill proposed in the Texas House ofRepresentatives that calls for Texas constitutional carry. In H.B. #375 it iswritten that any “person who is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessinga firearm shall not be required to obtain a license to carry a handgun as acondition for carrying a handgun.” This would be a huge victory if passed,although I’m a little unsure about allowing just anyone to carry. What are y’allsthoughts? Do you think it will pass?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Most people of any age already have access to dangerous things, like baseball bats and 2 piece pool cues. At 16, anyone can go to Walmart and by machetes, knives, hatchets and other dangerous things like flamables that can kill or hurt just as many people as a gun. Most people that can not purchase a gun can drive a car, pick a crowd and drive through it.
    Just anyone can already do what you fear. Without a gun.
    And yes, I hope it does pass and will be contacting our local representatives to let them know as well as urging others to do so as well.
    sent from an idgit coffeeholic

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I’m a little unsure about allowing just anyone to carry. What are y’allsthoughts? Do you think it will pass?
    I think people are capable of exercising personal responsibility and there are plenty of consequences when they don't. It's also none of anyone's business to tell someone else how they should conduct themselves based on your own arbitrary standards.

I doubt it will pass because the Rep that introduced it isn't well liked by his peers (makes him ok in my book), and the premier gun rights lobbyist in Texas is against Constitutional carry.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    We can't let immature adults under the age of 21 buy or carry handguns; they may hurt someone. We also can't let them drink, because their judgment is obviously flawed.

They are only allowed to vote so they can use their good judgement to affect the entire country and the world.

The more you know... This PSA brought to you by the number 5 and the letter purple. Derp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BAD17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    streetman tx
    We can't let immature adults under the age of 21 buy or carry handguns; they may hurt someone. We also can't let them drink, because their judgment is obviously flawed.

They are only allowed to vote so they can use their good judgement to affect the entire country and the world.

The more you know... This PSA brought to you by the number 5 and the letter purple. Derp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Also don't forget we can send those same immature adults into combat to defend our country and operate million dollars pieces of equipment but not buy or carry handguns.

I do know that if you are in the military you can get a LTC. But I'm just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylor C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2016
    Also don't forget we can send those same immature adults into combat to defend our country and operate million dollars pieces of equipment but not buy or carry handguns.

I do know that if you are in the military you can get a LTC. But I'm just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was thinking the same thing, what I'd love to see is Constitutional carry for 21 and up and license to carry for those 18-20

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom