• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I can't mention where I saw this, but a company called "Legally Concealed" is offering a "2nd Amendment Support Decal" for five dollars...

no2_decal.jpg

A part of the proceeds goes to the NRA.

Here's a little background on the company...

Legally Concealed is an organization dedicated to supporting our 2nd Amendment rights. In today's volatile political environment our 2nd Amendment rights are constantly being accosted. Legally Concealed supports the protection of the 2nd Amendment of the United States Bill of Rights and the protection of hunting and self-defense in the United States. Our products are designed specifically to show support and solidarity for our 2nd Amendment. Your support is needed now more than ever!

Legally Concealed has designed this unique symbol for supporting our 2nd Amendment. This symbol has a black background representing the darkness that surrounds us in our everyday life. The "two silver lines" represent the rights expressed in the 2nd Amendment 1) Keep & 2) Bear arms and the silver "2" represents the 2nd Amendment itself. This special symbol is designed in the same spirit of the law enforcement "thin blue line". Check out our products and display them proudly!

Legally Concealed is a proud NRA Business Alliance member and contributes a portion of our annual sales to the NRA to help further our protection from those individuals and organizations that would seek to destroy our right to personal protection and gun ownership. Thanks to all of you in Law Enforcement and to those of you serving in the military!

Just to note, "The Legally Concealed Decal is a registered trademark of Kell-Sibley Enterprises, LLC!"

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Legally Concealed To their site.

That kinda goes with the other thread about bumper stickers. I could see using this one. Its not totally advertising what I might have in my vehicle, if thats your perspective anyway. I like the skull cap they have.

TrinityIXP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Houston, TX
    In a perfect world, bumper stickers/decals let the world know what's important to you (funny or serious), whether it's Calvin peeing on something you hate, or declaring your support for the 2nd Amendment, and those messages won't create any negative repurcussions. However, it looks like Baltimore PD thinks those 2nd Amendment stickers are dangerous....

Baltimore Police Issue 2nd Amendment Decal Warning

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    In a perfect world, bumper stickers/decals let the world know what's important to you (funny or serious), whether it's Calvin peeing on something you hate, or declaring your support for the 2nd Amendment, and those messages won't create any negative repurcussions. However, it looks like Baltimore PD thinks those 2nd Amendment stickers are dangerous....

Baltimore Police Issue 2nd Amendment Decal Warning

All that brief says is that they are likely to encounter an armed person. So if you pull over a vehicle swerving all over the road and/or driving at 120 MPH aggressively, it would behoove you to expect that they are armed and this is an indication that they may be armed. It's nothing more and nothing less.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    All that brief says is that they are likely to encounter an armed person. So if you pull over a vehicle swerving all over the road and/or driving at 120 MPH aggressively, it would behoove you to expect that they are armed and this is an indication that they may be armed. It's nothing more and nothing less.

I'm no cop but I've always been of the mind that it is wise to expect all suspects to be armed. It's one of the reasons I don't buy the "We need to register all guns so the cops know who have guns" argument. That kind of mentality breeds laziness.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    I still think it's a bad idea to put any kind of decal on your car that might give person reason to believe a weapon might be stored in it. It just narrows down the search for the BG.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm no cop but I've always been of the mind that it is wise to expect all suspects to be armed. It's one of the reasons I don't buy the "We need to register all guns so the cops know who have guns" argument. That kind of mentality breeds laziness.

You can be as aware or presumptuous as you want ... visual ques serve notice to give validity behind those presumptions.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I still think it's a bad idea to put any kind of decal on your car that might give person reason to believe a weapon might be stored in it. It just narrows down the search for the BG.

I agree, but in the realm of pro gun stickers I think this one is as ambiguous as they come. I think an NRA member sticker is obvious to anyone. This one seems like only people that have seen it before would know what it's about. I know that prior to this thread I wouldn't have thought twice had I seen a car with that sticker.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Actually, in the operations security course we teach, we talk about that. Those family stickers you see on the back of minivans tells a potential burglar how many people reside in a house (something we call 'critical information'). Decals that show gun ownership can have one of two effects, they can be either a deterrent or an indication of valuable weapons to steal.

It's a matter of risk management. You can never totally eliminate risk, but you can mitigate it as much as possible. I doubt that the stickers on the back of your vehicle will serve as criteria as to whether someone robs your house or not; but the are a definite indicator of the likelihood of firearms and if other signs show that you aren't home, and don't have a security system; they could factor into the decision whether to break into your home or not. The best approach to countering all of this is to "think like the wolf" (put yourself in your adversary's shoes) and take a close look at how you would rob your own home. It can be an eye-opening exercise...

Cheers! M2

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX

I've yet to see any pro-gun or pro 2nd amendment sticker on any low-rider..... I am just saying....
    although some low-riders are very cool looking...... and no...I am not implying that all low-rider owners are criminals....

Top Bottom