• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    West Tn.
    I have a 2vets SOPMOD at. It's a side charging upper. The lower is milspec. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with 2vets if so, can a top charge upper be put on the lower if the lower is a milspec ? The buffer appears to be standard for an AR. I'm just curious. If I can I want to get a lower price upper or build one to use as a back up. I know that the bcg on the side charge is the same mill spec. Firing pin, bolt, gas tube. The only diff I can see is the way it's charged.
    Target Sports

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    you're going to have to ask the manufacturer to be certain, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

on the quality arms side chargers, the carrier is special. the bolt release is special due to the oversized body of the milled receiver body. the bolt is standard, as well as the pin dimensions and fit to a lower. Quality arms provides a modified bolt release with their product, so when you purchase the side charger, it's turn key. I find the modified bolt release they furnish a bit tiny (real tiny) so I'm going to swap it out with a DPMS option and grind off the top portion.

AR-15 TACTICAL BOLT RELEASE | Brownells

Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    I have a 2vets SOPMOD at. It's a side charging upper. The lower is milspec. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with 2vets if so, can a top charge upper be put on the lower if the lower is a milspec ? The buffer appears to be standard for an AR. I'm just curious. If I can I want to get a lower price upper or build one to use as a back up. I know that the bcg on the side charge is the same mill spec. Firing pin, bolt, gas tube. The only diff I can see is the way it's charged.
    The upper is actually made by LAR Grizzly for 2Vets. The bolt carrier is a Young Mfg. National match carrier. They are a great setup and kind of hard to get now. You can use the upper on any lower out there. If you ever want to swap it out for a standard A3 upper...call me, I can offer you a great deal where you wont loose more than 80% of the money you have in it.

Slapstick223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    West Tn.
    Thanks Delta. I had a feeling the upper receiver was pretty much the same. I'm going to be lookin at an extra upper that I could put on in an emergency if need be.

Top Bottom