• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blasternank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Keller (By Cabela's)
    Are there any decent weight lifting plans that are geared towards 3 days per week? I know it's not a lot but the rest of the week I do cardio and don't have time for weights.

Thanks.
    Capitol Armory ad

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That's a pretty vague question. You've given no details of your current fitness level or the goals you are wanting to achieve. Home workouts or gym? Gotta get a little more specific on what you're looking for.

There are all kinds of theories and training plans on the internet, on forums, in men's health/fitness/body building mags.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Are there any decent weight lifting plans that are geared towards 3 days per week? I know it's not a lot but the rest of the week I do cardio and don't have time for weights.

Thanks.

Any weight plan (for general fitness) should be geared towards 3 days per week.

DocD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Day 1 - Chest
    Day 2 - Arms - bi's and tri's
    Day 3 - Back and Shoulders

That's a simple 3 day plan. I've been lifting for a number of years and work out with a guy who is virtually a bodybuilder. More weight for bigger muscles (these are generalities).

There are a lot of plans out there. You just need to find one that focuses on what you want to accomplish.

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Day 1 - Chest
    Day 2 - Arms - bi's and tri's
    Day 3 - Back and Shoulders

That's a simple 3 day plan. I've been lifting for a number of years and work out with a guy who is virtually a bodybuilder. More weight for bigger muscles (these are generalities).

There are a lot of plans out there. You just need to find one that focuses on what you want to accomplish.

I would move arms with chest and slip a leg day there. Squats, presses, calf raises, lunges, maybe dead lifts. Watch your form, critical to preventing injury. Google Jefit and exrx.net. Both are very good websites. Sorry my illiteracy with my iPad will not let me post the links.

DocD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    I would move arms with chest and slip a leg day there. Squats, presses, calf raises, lunges, maybe dead lifts. Watch your form, critical to preventing injury. Google Jefit and exrx.net. Both are very good websites. Sorry my illiteracy with my iPad will not let me post the links.

Yup I did leave out leg day. Sorry. Trying to keep it simple.

Gp79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Day 1: Squat
    Day 2: Deadlift
    Day 3: Bench

Pick 2 or 3 assistance moves that support the main movement.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm lifting, all right. 12oz. at a time.
    cheers.gif

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Hey, I don't have a kegging setup, and I don't have any growlers, so I still bottle what I brew. The Mrs. did buy me a nice chest freezer and temp controller though, so I need to get my ass in gear and brew up a couple batches of Oktoberfest this weekend ;)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    A homebrewer - cool :) I've done some batches of Mead but never attempted any beer. I envy the ones who can have a bigger setup for any homebrew. A chest freezer and controller is a nice addition.

That pic there was us at Hofbrauhaus a week and a half ago. Our first trip. Will definitely try to go back. Those full mugs are heavy! But hey, what else you gonna do at lunch on vacation? ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Day one, chest and back, day two legs. Day three shoulders and arms. As for exercises, google bodybuilding.com. They have a section that describes exercises as well has movies of proper technique. Each muscle group you need to work. I suggest 4 sets, 8~15 reps each muscle group. 2~3 min rest between exercises. 30sec to 1min rest between sets. Forearms and abs can be done every session. Traps day one and three. Including calves. Everything else....24~48hr recover. And eat lots of protein. Lots! Plus drink enough water u have to piss every thirty minutes to an hour. Or until you feel like youre drowning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    9emyteza.jpg
    . I do a five day plan. I dont do cardio. Besides swim every now and then.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom