• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Eight hours of hunting reduced down to 3:30 including slow-mo replay for 13 seconds of actual shooting.

I knew it would be a late night trying to help out my neighbor with some problem hogs that his game cam had showing up around 2:00 AM. I showed up early in the day and scouted his property, seeing plenty of damage and not just around the feeder area. So I figured I would hunt my place just up the road for the until about midnight and then show up well before the hogs were expected at his place. I had the occasional hog coming in and thought I might get lucky at both places. Nothing doin'. Between 5:30 and 11:30, I saw a total of 4 animals at my place, three of which were deer and one rodent.

I drove over to my neighbor's and crossed the property without seeing anything other than cattle and horses. I got to the winter wheat pasture next to the pasture where the feeder was and was searching for a place to set up to watch the feeder pasture when three hogs came in...

Capitol Armory ad

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    + A Little Fancy Shooting

HAha, I'd say ... awesome betwixt the trees shot, especially given the timing. :cool:

Have you reconsidered moving down here? :green:

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    New to hog hunting, Hence this question : Is 300 win mag a good round for Texas hog or it’s too much. ?

I don't see anything wrong with it. I would rather go too big than too small when it comes to killing animals. As noted, you may lose a good bit more meat, but choose your shots wisely and that will be less of an issue.

I use a Grendel because it works well for me and my varied hunting situations...sort of a lowest common denominator gun. In some of those, something like a .300 win mag might be nice, but in some, it would not.

Reactions: Raz
    Top Bottom